Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know others worked it out too, but I'll take the love, thanks :P

My initial iteration was realising after looting a corpse I would stand, even when bind wounding, so I would keep a corpse next to me while soloing to force me to stand while bandaging in a fight... later I realised I could just type /stand instead and macro was born [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
lol man the things we will do to get the smallest edge.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way a quick way to max your BW skill is go to lavastorm by the gypsy merchant camp. There is a merchant there that sells bandages and just dip in and out of the lava.
Just don't do this while watching TV. I definitely didn't die on my rogue in lavastorm mountains at level 53. *cough*
Old 09-18-2019, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Combat bind wound shouldn't have been possible until at *least* Kunark, because the / commands for macros weren't in the client. There was no /sit, /doability, /pause etc.

First mention I see of them is in the September 28, 2000 patch notes. It was around this time that they started enabling more client automation.

(I know because I was the guy who suggested to the dev coding this stuff, while beta testing Velious as a Guide, that we should be able to do %t for target macros when pulling mobs etc. He said it was a good idea and he'd implement it. And he did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-18-2019 at 06:33 AM..
Old 09-18-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol man the things we will do to get the smallest edge.
To be fair, it's not really a small edge. Once you get BW to like 100 or so its like having a fungi, or at least an iksar regen bp
Old 09-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I know because I was the guy who suggested to the dev coding this stuff, while beta testing Velious as a Guide, that we should be able to do %t for target macros when pulling mobs etc. He said it was a good idea and he'd implement it. And he did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
If that also spawned %O and %P and %S (objective, possessive, subjective pronouns) I'd like to personally thank you.

I had ~50 pull message macros on Live and 13 here on P99 (they're thematic so I make them as I think them up) that are all possible due to that.

Raids & XP groups are more fun when you don't always see the same pull message.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that also spawned %O and %P and %S (objective, possessive, subjective pronouns) I'd like to personally thank you.

I had ~50 pull message macros on Live and 13 here on P99 (they're thematic so I make them as I think them up) that are all possible due to that.

Raids & XP groups are more fun when you don't always see the same pull message.
I think the dev's name was Rowyl but my memory is fuzzy now.

Yeah all that stuff went in around the same time. They tried it as @t first which was cumbersome, then switched it to %t some time after I chatted with him. We were both C programmers so it made a lot more sense to everyone I think to use that format.

I suppose I can only take partial credit on that basis... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, it's not really a small edge. Once you get BW to like 100 or so its like having a fungi, or at least an iksar regen bp
So out of curiosity how many HP's a tick are we talking about on an iksar monk with a fungi doing this trick?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/pause 2, /target "yourname"
/pause 2, /doability 1 (note: this is the second tab on actions window)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 2, /target a (see note below)
/attack on

*if you’re fighting say “a hill giant” then the a works on line 3 of the macro. Otherwise you have to change it depending on what you’re fighting
My brain RN: *explodes*
Old 09-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnome_collector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brain RN: *explodes*
Same when I saw it.

I actually cut my CBW macro off at the stand portion. I've had too many issues with /target a to make an automatic reestablishment of attacking go well. I just manually retarget and re-auto attack.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So out of curiosity how many HP's a tick are we talking about on an iksar monk with a fungi doing this trick?
It changes per level but about 40 hp/tick when you're getting close to 60.

It is way better than a fungi while fighting if you have a corner to scoot your butt into or have a shaman. With regen and slow, a shaman should never have to heal a monk or warrior while exping.
Closed Thread