It is detrimental to the server health 12 9.92%
Should be limited to certain times/places 22 18.18%
No opinion at all 23 19.01%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Aviak

Default What do you think about PL'ers?

So I am curious how the server feels about this. When it comes to people power-leveling others, what is your take on how it affects the server population and overall health?

1.) Think its fine, and everyone should be PLing an alt.

2.) Think its detrimental to the health of the server and undermines the efforts of lower level players

3.) Believe it should be regulated or have a rule implicated to limit the places and/or times you can PL

4.) Really have no opinion at all.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Orc

Haha good ol Unrest. Was going minutes between mobs earlier so decided to log for a bit, guess you did too. Seems to be a particularly bad zone for it... the experience modifier is a a blessing and somewhat of a curse.

I don't mind too much... a bit frustrating when they take 90+% of the zone but alas, what can you do.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Banned

only assholes pl in populated areas. more than likely because they arent very good, and dont know where better spots are (usually not the places that are taken)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

"everyone should be able to do it" imo. But close enough, so I voted for that one.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Orc

I believe its fine for those that want to, but I'll never do it since to me the games are about the journey not the destination.

Choosing the first one because it should be an option, but I don't think everyone "should" do it.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

By that logic, Trox, you should probably find the slowest way to level possible.

PL is a journey just like any other path from 1-60. It just is a journey that some people prefer because they've already taken the scenic route at least once.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-21-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only assholes pl in populated areas. more than likely because they arent very good, and dont know where better spots are (usually not the places that are taken)
Can't believe I'm quoting Slippery, but . . . what makes me rage is when PLers head to prime grouping zones like Crushbone, Unrest, or Mistmoore during prime time.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I believe everyone who complains about plers are for the most part jealous and overreacting. A good majority of the people who powerlevel in the dungeons such as unrest and MM are quite friendly about letting you have plenty of mobs and they'll even toss you buffs or help you out for a good amount of time. I do believe there are some a$$holes but what are you going to do? I put them on my ignore list and if they ever ask for something in the future when I'm their level they can't because they're on my ignore list.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid that's not too true, unrest and MM are beyond imaginable if you've ever pled or been pled there.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By that logic, Trox, you should probably find the slowest way to level possible.

PL is a journey just like any other path from 1-60. It just is a journey that some people prefer because they've already taken the scenic route at least once.
I actually am probably one of the slowest levelers out there, and I agree that PLing is just another path which is why I agree that the option should be there; it's just not one I would choose.

BTW loved that game; it's one of the very few (less than 10) games in which I had made it to the end (a couple of times).
Closed Thread