Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:38 AM
Large Rat

Default Greedy Merchant in MT

I do not remember Sonsa Fromp being a Greedy Merchant in Misty Thicket. She has sewing patterns your forced to buy from her if you want to sew your own armor. Edit* I just realize I could walk my lazy bum into Rivervale and buy the same patterns she carries, but still I do not remember a greedy merchant in MT
Last edited by Ehfssn21; 10-18-2019 at 01:00 AM..
Old 10-18-2019, 04:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehfssn21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not remember Sonsa Fromp being a Greedy Merchant in Misty Thicket. She has sewing patterns your forced to buy from her if you want to sew your own armor. Edit* I just realize I could walk my lazy bum into Rivervale and buy the same patterns she carries, but still I do not remember a greedy merchant in MT
Hi. Unfortunately this is not controlled by the UI. You will have to create a bug in the Green Bugs forum to report this.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Aviak

Hey guys,

I know you’ve mentioned you’re enforcing the Classic UI, but how exactly are you enforcing it? You’re still able to edit the .xml files in the uifiles/velious folder and modify windows and information.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,

I know you’ve mentioned you’re enforcing the Classic UI, but how exactly are you enforcing it? You’re still able to edit the .xml files in the uifiles/velious folder and modify windows and information.
Oh man you are a genius! how did they not think of this! Why don't you go try it right now on green beta. You could have actually done that before asking this question. I'll save you the effort:

Making any change to the XML files will result in this message when logging into green:
"The client has attempted to load a different UISkin while Velious UI is in enforcement. The game will now exit. "

Probably just work on the assumption that the staff as a whole is smarter than you and if they don't want you to do something, you probably won't be able to do it.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man you are a genius! how did they not think of this! Why don't you go try it right now on green beta. You could have actually done that before asking this question. I'll save you the effort:

Making any change to the XML files will result in this message when logging into green:
"The client has attempted to load a different UISkin while Velious UI is in enforcement. The game will now exit. "

Probably just work on the assumption that the staff as a whole is smarter than you and if they don't want you to do something, you probably won't be able to do it.
That was a really smart ass comment for something I was curious about..

https://i.imgur.com/8YM1pCj.jpg

Here is a UI I made on Green to test this. It allows me to log off and back on with no issues whatsoever.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Aviak

To add,

I took certain files from QQUI and replaced some Velious UI files with them. You can’t do this to everything, as some windows will error out with the “game will now exit”. But I was able to make a custom hotbar with the 6 hotkeys and the inventory + primary + secondary. As well as the listed buff window, spell window with names, player window with HP + Mana, and others, all without triggering the warning. I fully closed the game between window edits to test.

So now I have a full customized UI on the Green Beta with no warnings saying otherwise. Hence my question, how are are they enforcing the velious only UI, when I’m able to edit and change things?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was a really smart ass comment for something I was curious about..

https://i.imgur.com/8YM1pCj.jpg

Here is a UI I made on Green to test this. It allows me to log off and back on with no issues whatsoever.
Just ignore that guy, every other post he makes comes off as being a total asswipe. No matter if its common knowledge or something odd/buggy that you are curious about or if you want clarification on something he will pretty routinely reply with the insinuation that you're a fucking moron and he's a genius, check his record from the last week and just bypass any replies that he makes. Reminds me of my cousin with Aspergers so it might not be intentional though.

On your actual issue - the ui lock is probably not totally completely in the beta at the moment if you actually tried and it worked. They said you should get some kind of message if the files dont match.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just ignore that guy, every other post he makes comes off as being a total asswipe. No matter if its common knowledge or something odd/buggy that you are curious about or if you want clarification on something he will pretty routinely reply with the insinuation that you're a fucking moron and he's a genius, check his record from the last week and just bypass any replies that he makes. Reminds me of my cousin with Aspergers so it might not be intentional though.

On your actual issue - the ui lock is probably not totally completely in the beta at the moment if you actually tried and it worked. They said you should get some kind of message if the files dont match.
Oh wow yeah, that guy has a rough post history.

That makes sense, I wasn’t sure if the UI lock was in place, and if it was how many people could figure out to bypass it. I only brought it up because the Classic UI is intended to be enforced, so I figured anything allowing otherwise should be brought up.

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure if this has come up yet, but when I allow the use of tell windows, I start a conversation with whoever and the tell window works, however there is no "x" in the window, I cannot close it. Toggling the use of tell windows doesn't work and I end up having to log out completely to clear them.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this has come up yet, but when I allow the use of tell windows, I start a conversation with whoever and the tell window works, however there is no "x" in the window, I cannot close it. Toggling the use of tell windows doesn't work and I end up having to log out completely to clear them.
Yep. I accidentally caused this issue I think. I tried to get rid of the ‘x’ and thought that you could still close it via the right click context menu. We have changes internally right now that will fix this issue. So we will work with P1999 Staff to have something ready for their next patch file.
Closed Thread