Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

but you're not talking about winning and losing anymore, you're talking about sharing.

why not share with everyone that can do the content? KWSM killed MoTG earlier this year when the opportunity presented itself, and could kill the others. So why not share with everyone?
Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Skeleton

You're talking to me like I made the proposed rotation. I was just sharing my thoughts on why the proposer didn't think of kittens when he made that list.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

that's fair, though I think the conclusion that you were also of that opinion was a reasonable one.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Not having to compete your way on to the rotation seems bogus.

There should be no rotation until you FTE that golem. Once you do, you earn a spot and that golem starts getting rotated once there's two or more groups. If you fail to kill your golem within X hours of spawning, anyone else can FTE and bump you off the rotation in which case you need to re-earn your slot. They can also FTE past you within the window and bump you if you wipe.

Assuming 4 or more capable guilds, this also offers the option for one guild to hold out and not only take all the golems, but also affect the rotation. On a repop, maybe Kittens decide they don't like Riot and take their golems but leave AG's and Freedom's up? Now Riot has to compete to get their slot back by contesting Freedom's or AG's golem. Whose will they take?
Old 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's fair, though I think the conclusion that you were also of that opinion was a reasonable one.
Reasonable? Yes.

Because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not having to compete your way on to the rotation seems bogus.
If kittens were there at least trying, there'd be no way to miss adding them to this proposed rotation.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

freedom: we are the good guys and want to share the server with everyone

also freedom: we will only share things with people who take them away from us.

glad to see you're exactly who everyone thinks you are.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

In other words, Freedom is burning out contesting everything. Noted, Freedom on it's death bed.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:34 PM
Large Rat

Well I guess you have to ask Riot, why did they end the ST agreements? And the other agreements for that matter? Since the agreements have ended AG has been 'winning' the golems far more then any other guild (have data to support this). Riot has been picking up the occasional golem here and there as have Freedom when they are solo. I also don't agree with just letting Kittens have a golem, if they want to do the golems they should start competing (which is their problem, they don't like competing for mobs and will actively avoid it). Same as any other guild, I don't think there should be free hand outs. You want a mob? work for it. Don't expect it to just be placed in your lap. The social aspect and competition is what makes EQ end game fun, and gives people a reason to come back every weekend for the cycles.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff
Welcome to the server. Try not posting on a burner account next time you want attention.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Is it actually competition tho ? Lol
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread