Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember 60 Kingdom etc coming to try to kill steal us. Imagine that ordering your guild to break server rules. I've never done it. I did enjoy winning that one tho.

You do have your first meaningful Trakanon to look forward to... grats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So that's a no to the race line then.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Kobold

So glad this guild of racists are disbanded. Well done Gms.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

Once again you guys are crying because someone else is #1, not who is. I saw Myuharin etc do this with TMO on blue. Any decent guild can shut them out on targets and they will cry for bans etc. They will train themselves and blame others like the draco I was present for on blue, and the many times they have done it here.

There's no racism present. I don't allow it in guild. The guy who Ramal "had an issue with" said he took no offense to it (Ramal apologized anyway and talked to him) and ended up joining our guild (Brother Kinatarou).

What I don't understand is keeping a line of cry bullying open to such completely disingenuous people who are more than half the problem on every server. Play by the rules, lose by the rules, and be men about it.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again you guys are crying because someone else is #1, not who is. I saw Myuharin etc do this with TMO on blue. Any decent guild can shut them out on targets and they will cry for bans etc. They will train themselves and blame others like the draco I was present for on blue, and the many times they have done it here.

There's no racism present. I don't allow it in guild. The guy who Ramal "had an issue with" said he took no offense to it (Ramal apologized anyway and talked to him) and ended up joining our guild (Brother Kinatarou).

What I don't understand is keeping a line of cry bullying open to such completely disingenuous people who are more than half the problem on every server. Play by the rules, lose by the rules, and be men about it.
You should go outside, the fellow residents of your mobile home park may be happy to see you and throw you a welcome back party.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Banned

I live in a very nice three story trailer, and went for a 2 mile walk today ty.

Enjoy your kale shake and simping today.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I live in a very nice three story trailer, and went for a 2 mile walk today ty.

Enjoy your kale shake and simping today.
I'm sorry you missed the bus from your section 8 apartment building. Next time wait to tear the food stamps until after you've visited the soup kitchen.

AHAHHAAHHAHAHAH

Seriously dude, do you really have to prove yourself to anyone here? Good for you! Outside of this forum you're a normal person! Way to go! Good job on those two miles. That's the bare minimum of walking a person should do in a day to maintain a not unhealthy heart.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry you missed the bus from your section 8 apartment building. Next time wait to tear the food stamps until after you've visited the soup kitchen.

AHAHHAAHHAHAHAH

Seriously dude, do you really have to prove yourself to anyone here? Good for you! Outside of this forum you're a normal person! Way to go! Good job on those two miles. That's the bare minimum of walking a person should do in a day to maintain a not unhealthy heart.

Lol this guy makes a good point. The amount of folks on this forum who brag about being normal as if it’s some sort of accomplishment is too damn high.

So much insecurity, I think it’s because of the stigma Everquest brings. People automatically think neckbeard when they hear of EQ, so folks get super defensive and outright cringe to subvert that stereotype.

It’s just a guild on a fantasy land video game...you can always make another and another and another just like the Michael Scott paper company.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-10-2021, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You all keep repeating this lie, but in my experience almost all of the RL racism came from people who can't distinguish fantasy from reality.

DMO was made up of Erudites. Not Humans of African Descent. That distinction was paramount and I impressed it greatly into every single brother I brought into the order.

It was the great unwashed casuals that kept calling us racist, digital blackface, etc.

The game's creators couldn't do the amazing technicolor humans that every game in the future was able to do due to technical, storage, and bandwidth limitations, so they made one race have dark skin. They also gave them the highest intelligence in the game.

We were a roleplay guild. The fact that we roleplayed as being of superior intellect...well it brought out the worst in a lot of people.

EQ has a lot of "fantasy racism" in it. Elves hate orcs; dwarves hate ogres; barbarians and erudites tolerate each other but value different things (strength & stamina vs intellect) and aren't the best of friends.

The problem is the sheer number of people who can't distinguish "fantasy" racism from RL racism; who think that the reason you're overcharging them is that you the player want an excuse to do so instead of playing a character.

And Ramal you need to shut up, but you never will.
Benanov is right 100%.

I believe it should be possible to have an exclusive environment guild for any race or group in Norrath, and it has been done before by Dark Elves, Iksar, Gnomes, and Dwarves.

Unfortunately, Ramal/Agatha just doesn't know when to stop. He is a born troll. And he's hilarious! But it has some costs. RIP DMO and I hope future roleplay/environment guilds prosper, including Erudian ones.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emberthorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please, they've been blackfacing and racist longer than you've been in their guild.

https://imgur.com/a/VRkTORw

I won't even post the shit Ramal said about Muslims.

Couple that with names like "Snewp" and names that are clearly inspired from real life black names, this is black face.

Let's hope Seal Team no longer takes this non-sense with them. So much baggage for the only guild that matters.
To add some context that screenshot was directed at a Japanese guild in the old UN discord server. He feigned ignorance about how offensive it was.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this guy makes a good point. The amount of folks on this forum who brag about being normal as if it’s some sort of accomplishment is too damn high.

So much insecurity, I think it’s because of the stigma Everquest brings. People automatically think neckbeard when they hear of EQ, so folks get super defensive and outright cringe to subvert that stereotype.

It’s just a guild on a fantasy land video game...you can always make another and another and another just like the Michael Scott paper company.
you got a problem with my 3 story trailer and leisurely walk too?
Closed Thread