Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-22-2021, 12:11 AM
Kobold

Default Enable % indicator on XP Bar?

Is there any way to enable this % indicator? I noticed somebody did create an UI that works on Green to replicate how the old UI would look back then and he managed to add a % indicator to the XP bar. Is there any way to add this %? Or somebody does know how to actually code that into p99 Green UI? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any way to enable this % indicator? I noticed somebody did create an UI that works on Green to replicate how the old UI would look back then and he managed to add a % indicator to the XP bar. Is there any way to add this %? Or somebody does know how to actually code that into p99 Green UI? Thanks in advance.
the language is SIDL, as XML, check out AboutSIDL.doc in your EQ directory to learn about it.

Too add this % bar you add a Label element into EQUI_Inventory.XML, You gotta position it with <location> and the rest, EQtype is 26 for XP percent.

For example,

<Label item="IW_XPPerc">
<ScreenID>XPPercNumber</ScreenID>
<EQType>26</EQType>
<Font>5</Font>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>610</X>
<Y>240</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>60</CX>
<CY>28</CY>
</Size>
<Text>0</Text>
<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>
<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
</Label>

At bottom add it to the screen window

Under:
<Screen item="InventoryWindow">

Add:
<Pieces>IW_XPPercNumber</Pieces>
Old 10-22-2021, 02:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the language is SIDL, as XML, check out AboutSIDL.doc in your EQ directory to learn about it.

Too add this % bar you add a Label element into EQUI_Inventory.XML, You gotta position it with <location> and the rest, EQtype is 26 for XP percent.

For example,

<Label item="IW_XPPerc">
<ScreenID>XPPercNumber</ScreenID>
<EQType>26</EQType>
<Font>5</Font>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>610</X>
<Y>240</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>60</CX>
<CY>28</CY>
</Size>
<Text>0</Text>
<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>
<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
</Label>

At bottom add it to the screen window

Under:
<Screen item="InventoryWindow">

Add:
<Pieces>IW_XPPercNumber</Pieces>
I modified my XML as described, and i got the message that i was using a different skin than the Velious UI one and it forced me to close the game ugh >.<
PS: I did have to undo the change to make the game work again, that's strange, because i was able to use your UI with the scaled pixels and the % bar earlier, i just don't like the pixelated images
PS: I did copy the same file from your UI 1440p/4k and i got the same error, i wonder why is throwing that error.
Last edited by IzHaN80; 10-22-2021 at 02:34 AM..
Old 10-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Trust me % indicator doesn’t make your game play better. You will be more apt to look at it and focus on grinding xp rather than having fun and focusing on adventure. Trust me I’m squarely in the former camp…
Old 10-22-2021, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BAN THIS SICK FILTH!
Old 10-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
i was using a different skin than the Velious UI

green forces velious ui folder to be used over default folder or anything, so you cannot /loadskin so you have to keep your mods in the folder named velious and mod that. best to test on blue imo, that way if you mess up you go back to default ui, on green you just crash cause default is set to velious.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
green forces velious ui folder to be used over default folder or anything, so you cannot /loadskin so you have to keep your mods in the folder named velious and mod that. best to test on blue imo, that way if you mess up you go back to default ui, on green you just crash cause default is set to velious.
I did all the changes inside the Velious Folder, and like i said i also did try loading the .XML you provide in your 1440p and it throws the same message. It's fine, it's not a big deal, it works when i put all the content from your MOD, but when i try to just modify the Player Window with the % with your .XML just throws the same message over and over.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

I have made some modifications to the player window and the inventory window that shows %. One oddity I've come accross is I can't have both the mana numbers and exp % "on" the bar (one will be in front, the other behind). I've compensated for this by moving the exp % below. If you want a copy message me.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Last edited by Bigcountry23; 10-23-2021 at 12:05 PM..
Old 10-23-2021, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One oddity I've come accross is I can't have both the mana numbers and exp % "on" the bar (one will be in front, the other behind).
You should be able to change the order of the "pieces" in the screen item <Screen item="InventoryWindow">

The order of the <pieces> will determine what is on top of the other.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. If you are referring to the XP bar in the Project 1999 (P99) Green User Interface (UI) for the game EverQuest, it may be possible to add a percentage indicator to the bar with some modifications to the UI files.
Last edited by Ambrogio; 04-05-2023 at 02:43 PM..