Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Kurns is fun. The skeletons don’t social, so you can fear kite there as long as you keep your pet on a short leash. Can move into the basement until 20. It’s a good place to practice your very first charm killing, too. Won’t be super efficient, but still fun.

WW giant fort can take you from 22-28 easily and profitably.

At 28, the brutes up by Dalnir are where it’s at. Best money you’re going to find for awhile and super easy. They don’t assist or even aggro, despite what the /con message says, and it’s close to a zone line if things get dire. Their gem drop rate is amazing.

At 33/34ish the brutes will green out enough that you’ll probably want a new place. Root rotting in Nurga is fun at this level. Charm killing in the fields in front of the sarnak fort or fear kiting at the goblin fort in LOIO are also good. So’s the FM giant fort. You can also venture far afield and play in SolA or SK or Splitpaw until 38ish.

Around 38, you’re going to want to buy a Circlet of Shadow. This will change the game for you in a big way. It should be your first big purchase (jboots after). I know, all that +INT/+HP gear looks so attractive. Resist! Caster itemization is terrible in p99 EQ. No amount of normal gear will impact your gameplay even 1/10th as much as a CoS alone, and jboots are just gravy on top.

At 38 with a CoS, big options open up. I recommend reverse charming in Kaesora. Charm a mob, send it at a big group, root all members of that group, then break charm right before your pet dies. Murder your pet with a single spell, then charm one of the rooted undead mobs in the mass and repeat. Xp will fly. The second floor of ToFS is another (albeit riskier) possibility at this level, but Kaesora is fantastic. You’ll actually get a few upgrades, and the vendor trash is fantastic. Do library until 40ish then towers/church until 44.

At 44 you can learn underwater fighting at the bloodgills in LOIO of practice charming more in LGuk. Both are wonderful. Ignore ZEMs when you’re charm killing too. You kill so fast and so constantly that low-zem undead like LGuk is going to be better than almost any other xp in the game (bloodgills and oasis specters are only things that really edge it out).

At 51 you get Splurt. Splurt + Root means that the world is your oyster. You can basically kill any mob you can stick spells to so long as it has any **one** of the three following properties (1) vulnerable to fear, (2) doesn’t summon, (3) is undead. There are exceptions, but not many. Explore the world until you get 54, then go to Howling Stones.

Howling Stones basement will take you to 60. If you get bored, mix in KC or CoM. Both are better money than HS and their xp is good, but nothing compares to HS. Fear-kiting Skyshrine wyverns in your mid-late-50’s is also a profitable way to take a break from HS and get some good upgrades for yourself.

Or, ignore all of this! EQ is a game of adventure and exploration. Go where you want! If it isn’t the fastest xp or then best money but IS fun for you, then you’re in the right spot. Take chances!
Old 11-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Incidentally: going from 12-22ish in Kurns will net you far more bone chips then you’ll need to hit 60. Save them all!
Old 11-04-2021, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kurns is fun. The skeletons don’t social, so you can fear kite there as long as you keep your pet on a short leash. Can move into the basement until 20. It’s a good place to practice your very first charm killing, too. Won’t be super efficient, but still fun.

WW giant fort can take you from 22-28 easily and profitably.

At 28, the brutes up by Dalnir are where it’s at. Best money you’re going to find for awhile and super easy. They don’t assist or even aggro, despite what the /con message says, and it’s close to a zone line if things get dire. Their gem drop rate is amazing.

At 33/34ish the brutes will green out enough that you’ll probably want a new place. Root rotting in Nurga is fun at this level. Charm killing in the fields in front of the sarnak fort or fear kiting at the goblin fort in LOIO are also good. So’s the FM giant fort. You can also venture far afield and play in SolA or SK or Splitpaw until 38ish.

Around 38, you’re going to want to buy a Circlet of Shadow. This will change the game for you in a big way. It should be your first big purchase (jboots after). I know, all that +INT/+HP gear looks so attractive. Resist! Caster itemization is terrible in p99 EQ. No amount of normal gear will impact your gameplay even 1/10th as much as a CoS alone, and jboots are just gravy on top.

At 38 with a CoS, big options open up. I recommend reverse charming in Kaesora. Charm a mob, send it at a big group, root all members of that group, then break charm right before your pet dies. Murder your pet with a single spell, then charm one of the rooted undead mobs in the mass and repeat. Xp will fly. The second floor of ToFS is another (albeit riskier) possibility at this level, but Kaesora is fantastic. You’ll actually get a few upgrades, and the vendor trash is fantastic. Do library until 40ish then towers/church until 44.

At 44 you can learn underwater fighting at the bloodgills in LOIO of practice charming more in LGuk. Both are wonderful. Ignore ZEMs when you’re charm killing too. You kill so fast and so constantly that low-zem undead like LGuk is going to be better than almost any other xp in the game (bloodgills and oasis specters are only things that really edge it out).

At 51 you get Splurt. Splurt + Root means that the world is your oyster. You can basically kill any mob you can stick spells to so long as it has any **one** of the three following properties (1) vulnerable to fear, (2) doesn’t summon, (3) is undead. There are exceptions, but not many. Explore the world until you get 54, then go to Howling Stones.

Howling Stones basement will take you to 60. If you get bored, mix in KC or CoM. Both are better money than HS and their xp is good, but nothing compares to HS. Fear-kiting Skyshrine wyverns in your mid-late-50’s is also a profitable way to take a break from HS and get some good upgrades for yourself.

Or, ignore all of this! EQ is a game of adventure and exploration. Go where you want! If it isn’t the fastest xp or then best money but IS fun for you, then you’re in the right spot. Take chances!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incidentally: going from 12-22ish in Kurns will net you far more bone chips then you’ll need to hit 60. Save them all!
pretty good write up!
Old 11-04-2021, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

If u want ez mode make sure not to get bad burynai faction so you can kill skeletons in peace in kurns

But ya exploring dangerously to find killable mobs is really fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:39 AM
Fire Giant

My personal favorite route for 1-49 involved outdoor camps with easy, reliable spawns that gave steady exp with a Beta Neutral vendor nearby to offload steady cash.

lvl 1-8 Whatever noob zone you start in.
lvl 8-11 Butcherblock skeleton spawns, 5 at Druid ring, 2 more by yellow tower. Druid vendor.
lvl 11-16 Butcherblock 4 spawn bandit camp w/ nearby 3 spawn Orcs at a green tower. Use druid vendor at the rings.
lvl 16-20 Iksar marauder / bandits at 4 spawn ruin in Lake of Ill omen.
lvl 20-24 Timorous Deep wood elf scout / ranger at their shore outpost. Wood Elf vendor is Beta Neutral in his hut.
lvl 24-26 Qeynos Hills brother & sister camp. Can bind near West Karana wall buildings by zone entrance and sell in the PM game hours to a Beta Neutral vendor behind a house.
lvl 27-35 Ocean of Tears sister isle. I had a 2nd char parked close to the dwarf vendors, and would Invis up / ground twink bags in the water for the other char to pick up and sell. If camp is taken, blow up the halberd sisters. I'm after levels 1st, then money 2nd.
lvl 35-42 West Karana guard tower with a 2 spawn. Bind near wall buildings, gate to sell at PM hours to beta neutral vendor.
lvl 42-49 Butcherblock dorfs. W/ max swimming (or DMF at 44) you can nuke the 2 spawns on the shore that druids don't want and rotate in the paladin dwarf on the shore a bit past the wall every 6 min when you have mana. Bind at druid ring, sell to vendor.

lvl 49-52 Kelethin guards, or optionally Everfrost guards if the merchants in Kelethin are still bugged to join in to help the guards on the platforms. A pretty retarded bug if it's still present.

Leveling in dungeons for exp is the best way but wtf, I was lazy and just felt like watching shows while exp'ing.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal favorite route for 1-49 involved outdoor camps with easy, reliable spawns that gave steady exp with a Beta Neutral vendor nearby to offload steady cash.

lvl 1-8 Whatever noob zone you start in.
lvl 8-11 Butcherblock skeleton spawns, 5 at Druid ring, 2 more by yellow tower. Druid vendor.
lvl 11-16 Butcherblock 4 spawn bandit camp w/ nearby 3 spawn Orcs at a green tower. Use druid vendor at the rings.
lvl 16-20 Iksar marauder / bandits at 4 spawn ruin in Lake of Ill omen.
lvl 20-24 Timorous Deep wood elf scout / ranger at their shore outpost. Wood Elf vendor is Beta Neutral in his hut.
lvl 24-26 Qeynos Hills brother & sister camp. Can bind near West Karana wall buildings by zone entrance and sell in the PM game hours to a Beta Neutral vendor behind a house.
lvl 27-35 Ocean of Tears sister isle. I had a 2nd char parked close to the dwarf vendors, and would Invis up / ground twink bags in the water for the other char to pick up and sell. If camp is taken, blow up the halberd sisters. I'm after levels 1st, then money 2nd.
lvl 35-42 West Karana guard tower with a 2 spawn. Bind near wall buildings, gate to sell at PM hours to beta neutral vendor.
lvl 42-49 Butcherblock dorfs. W/ max swimming (or DMF at 44) you can nuke the 2 spawns on the shore that druids don't want and rotate in the paladin dwarf on the shore a bit past the wall every 6 min when you have mana. Bind at druid ring, sell to vendor.

lvl 49-52 Kelethin guards, or optionally Everfrost guards if the merchants in Kelethin are still bugged to join in to help the guards on the platforms. A pretty retarded bug if it's still present.

Leveling in dungeons for exp is the best way but wtf, I was lazy and just felt like watching shows while exp'ing.
Basically was my leveling path for my magician. I did 32-39 on ran walker and the ranger in there and made 8k though. Wasn't slow at all either.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Skeleton

Kurns to 24/25
NK Bard diet to 30/31
SK treants to 38/39
WC toll booth guards to 45
Spectres or Bloodgills to 51
Felwithe guards to 54
WL Tar goos to 57
WL Geonids to 60
Old 11-05-2021, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Kurns is so good. The banked bags of bone chips I got from leveling my necro there lasted until like level 45.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

There is zero reason to skip Kaesora 34-42+ and get your feet wet charming. You can be done with the zone when the church (Xalgoz) area greens out. Get your HS key piece and maybe a fear staff to boot. I wouldn't recommend gung-ho solo Xalgoz right off the bat, but with enough time spent there you're bound to run into folks coming in looking to acquire a key. Just team up.

Bind outside for emergency gates + a short run over to Cab for selling / spells / restock.

Also recommend camping the VP key pieces while they still give XP after Kaesora. I forget which order from easiest to hardest (wiki it), but why not at least get the pieces while it gives xp? Even if you don't want to raid, if you have the full Jarsath and Obulus MQs to sell thats a big chunk of plat.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-05-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Old 11-05-2021, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I would basically recommend never leaving kunark and playing kunark as a separate game which it basically is.

when the fuck is the kunark iksar only pvp server coming out?
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread