Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 05:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Beware, this can happen to you to!!!

Hey all,

Just wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play her tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So we got summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure eight test which we have run twice before, with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not give us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions. Anyway, long story short, after running running a not perfect test, but definitely running what imo would be impossible for one person, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on an totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couple out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 12-06-2020, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Got it - don't box, otherwise you'll get caught. It appears this wasn't the first time, as you're familiar with the process. I'm surprised it took this long for the RnF.

Please don't box on p99. There are several other emu's that actually allow it. Take advantage of them and enjoy playing an MMO by yourself.

-Mcoy
Old 12-06-2020, 06:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Omg, we were not boxing /sigh. Can't win I guess.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:16 AM
Fire Giant

You shouldn't 2-box on a server that doesn't allow 2-boxing.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by silbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

Just wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play her tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So we got summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure eight test which we have run twice before, with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not give us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions. Anyway, long story short, after running running a not perfect test, but definitely running what imo would be impossible for one person, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on an totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couple out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
P99 will miss you. You seemed like a valuable member(s) of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg, we were not boxing /sigh. Can't win I guess.
You posted this in r&f. What did you expect people to say?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Where would have been the more appropriate place to post ?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Where would have been the more appropriate place to post ?
Probably just the blue or green server chat depending on which server you were playing on. At least then you wouldn't have been guaranteed to get trolled into the ground by the usual suspects.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:03 AM
Banned

Man where do you find a wife that's willing to play the most boring class and PL you on a 20 year old game? Crazy how many of them there are on this server. Sign me up plz
Old 12-06-2020, 08:30 AM
Banned

Play Red99 if you wanna box.

Also, I kinda think you weren't boxing the first 2 times you got tested, but on the 3rd one you were boxing because you thought the "testing" phase was over.

Either that or your wife couldn't play that night and you just risked it all.

Either way sorry for your loss.

P.s. don't you get a 1 month ban for your first boxing offence anyhow?
Closed Thread