Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 10:38 AM
Banned

scary movie humor is surprisingly peak kino
take me back bros
Old 10-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have 600,000 homeless people. Two yachts will guarantee one’s eternity apart from God. Seek Christ
we have 600,000 helpless defenseless people (weaklings!!! /s) who can't defend themselves from capitalists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 10:58 AM
Banned

if the military didn't exist those homeless ppl could live on their own yachts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

if you think about it, the "clean" comedians were playing to the evangelicals in the 80s now they are the woke libs of today because:

parties flipped!
Old 10-24-2021, 01:49 PM
Banned

This is the skit that Chappelle talked about that precipitated him leaving comedy. https://www.thefader.com/2016/07/29/...happelles-show
Old 10-24-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the skit that Chappelle talked about that precipitated him leaving comedy. https://www.thefader.com/2016/07/29/...happelles-show
As someone who wholly does not want to be involved in the entire debate it is silly that DC doesn't notice that he left his show because he felt making fun of something was laughing at it not laughing with it, but then to double down on your jokes about trans when they say that he's laughing at them not with them.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-24-2021 at 02:03 PM..
Old 10-24-2021, 02:22 PM
Banned

A die hard progressive co-worker of mine told me Dave Chappelle had a m->f trans friend I forget her name. Anyway she stuck up for Dave and got harassed for it. So she jumped from some height and killed herself

Dave made a joke that it took “balls” or something to do that. And he said she would have laughed and told him to tell it. That was just her sense of humor or something he said. So the “error” if there is one is he is probably using one person’s opinion to justify something OR probably he still would have said it w/o having the trans friend. That could be true too
Old 10-24-2021, 02:28 PM
Banned

It always like this at first. The leftwing media uses activists when they suit some narrative they are trying to sell. But most people in the Democratic party are normies that aren't super socially progressive. They are only slightly ahead of the rightwing when it comes to something like trans rights. They will get around to criticizing the chappelle special when everyone else already has changed their opinion.

It sounds like Dave is gonna meet up with the Netflix trans crew to try to smooth things out anyway. He also named a booked special "untitled" 3-4 months from now. Who knows where he's gonna land on all this.

This is a 2008 article by Orson Scott Card. He's the guy that wrote Ender's Game

State job is not to redefine marriage

Quote:
If the government passed a law declaring that grey was now green, and asphalt was specifically designated as a botanical organism, would that make all our streets into "greenery" and all our parking lots into "parks"?

If a court declared that from now on, "blind" and "sighted" would be synonyms, would that mean that it would be safe for blind people to drive cars?

No matter how sexually attracted a man might be toward other men, or a woman toward other women, and no matter how close the bonds of affection and friendship might be within same-sex couples, there is no act of court or Congress that can make these relationships the same as the coupling between a man and a woman.

This is a permanent fact of nature.

(In another column I will talk seriously and candidly about the state of scientific research on the causes of homosexuality, and the reasons why homosexuality persists even though it does not provide a reproductive advantage.)

There is no natural method by which two males or two females can create offspring in which both partners contribute genetically. This is not subject to legislation, let alone fashionable opinion.

Human beings are part of a long mammalian tradition of heterosexuality. No parthenogenic test tube procedure can alter what we, by nature, are. No surgery, no hormone injections, can change X to Y or make the distinction nonexistent.

That a few individuals suffer from tragic genetic mixups does not affect the differences between genetically distinct males and females.

That many individuals suffer from sex-role dysfunctions does not change the fact that only heterosexual mating can result in families where a father and a mother collaborate in rearing children that share a genetic contribution from both parents.

Married people are doing something that is very, very hard — to combine the lives of a male and female, with all their physical and personality differences, into a stable relationship that persists across time.

When they are able to create children together, married people then provide the role models for those children to learn how to become a man or a woman, and what to expect of their spouse when they themselves marry.

When a heterosexual couple cannot have children, their faithful marriage still affirms, in the eyes of other people's children, the universality of the pattern of marriage.

When a heterosexual couple adopts children who are not their genetic offspring, they affirm the pattern of marriage and generously confer its blessings on children who might otherwise have been deprived of its benefits.
It really wasn't that long ago. Notice the victim mentality over something that had zero impact on his life.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-24-2021 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10-24-2021, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Comedy is a double edged sword I think.

Basically the way I see it is, comedians represent the coolest, or smartest people in the room, and they translate observations about how dumb everyone is into hilarious jokes that you feel cool for recognizing.

But when comedy gets a little stale, the listener is like, uh, pretty cringe bro..

And the truth is Dave's set's about trans are a bit dated and cringe. But, I dont care enough to make it an issue. I say just stop laughing at those jokes, stop reacting to them, and he'll stop telling them.

These guys get up on stage for months, changing, re-writing, deleting jokes, based on how much the audience reacts/laughs at them.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The leftwing media uses activists when they suit some narrative they are trying to sell. But most people in the Democratic party are normies that aren't super socially progressive. They are only slightly ahead of the rightwing when it comes to something like trans rights. They will get around to criticizing the chappelle special when everyone else already has changed their opinion.
I want to just toss out this thought.

I dont think this is a left thing. I think this is a "establishment culture where we are at" thing.

The way people react to this stuff is exactly the same to me as the way they reacted to violence in games, and Satanism in dungeons & dragons.

My argument is, that establishment social trends in those days were more conservative and evangelical in the USA, but today the establishment social trends are woke as eff.

Like, in the 80s they had to sprinkle mentions of god into every tv show, and today, look at foundation, they have to sprinkle wokeisms throughout it.

I've said it a million times I know but it's just like a religion to folks, establishment culture.

The establishment changes with every generation, and the woke generation is the establishment now.

So all iam saying is, this isnt a left/right thing, it's a hive mind vs the individuals, the rock bands vs the church goers, the poets vs the preachers.

It's the same like, establishment vs not establishment rivalries... it's just that the establishment this generation is woke, instead of evangelical.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-24-2021 at 02:40 PM..
Closed Thread