Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Kobold

Default Necro Ikky where to level up?

So i been reading many guides and suggestions, i just did hit level 10 @ FoB i am wondering if i should continue the natural progression through Kurn's cause everything is undead, plus next to main city for spells etc or should i move in a place like The Warrens because i would like to have a 2nd place where to bank items, etc?
Old 11-01-2021, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

I would work on getting level twelve for new spells and bind affinity before you leave. Field of Bone and Kurns has plenty of stuff to get you there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 11-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would work on getting level twelve for new spells and bind affinity before you leave. Field of Bone and Kurns has plenty of stuff to get you there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then, are you implying is recommended i go to Warrens after i ding 12?
Old 11-01-2021, 11:37 PM
Sarnak

Honestly there's no reason to leave Kurn's until 24+. One of the best exp mods in the game and close to home, which will be a rarity for you moving forward. Maybe you need to head out to get some spells that can't be found in Cab once in a while, but other than that Kurn's is perfect.

The only upside I see to Warrens is working Heretics faction so you can have a home away from Cabilis. But you lose your undead effectiveness there, so *shrug*
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

I agree that it's worth hanging around Kunark for a while, I'd say at least until you can go to unrest and the Karanas. I'd load up on spells before you leave though, to the extent possible. Necro gets awesome at 34 if you hang in there!
Old 11-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Banned

stay in kurns till 18 or even 20, outside of kurns is good upto 20+ as well

LOIO is good till 30.

FM 30-40.

DL 40-50+ the worlds your oyster.

Avoid OT as its all bards druids and wizards being gross.

It's annoying to farm in places permacamped for money, good moeny to be had in WW at 18+ and if your clever more and graknist, and u can also get that ring in LOIO

I feel like the first really good dungeon in kunark is droga and as a necro probably doable at 34+

there are a lot of fun little quiet spots to hunt all over if you dont mind dodging red mobs at 20+

TD is great too. FV is pretty great at 40+ for elves at least again a lot of druids and wizards and bards and why not just do DL instead.

I would never leave kunark because you don't need gear until your 60 and you want to do solo challenges. Plus the lake is really peaceful.

u can also do iksar bandits/parahaih exiles all throughout and around cabilis for belts/snout rings/face masks and make lots of plat like you would off of gypsies or bandits in WK and stuff

BW is quite good at 50+ and so is EJ at 40+ and com (you will get groups surely) and in trakanons teeth if you feel like learning the spawns there are so many undead to charm, some are stupidly OP and if you FD u will never die.

infact between lifetaps, lich, and FD, u could literally just afk level wandering completely randomly and drunkenly through all of these areas in the most lazy fashion not even bothering, maybe throwing a dot and fear on a mob for giggles every once in awhile necros are just stupidly op lol.
Last edited by starkind; 11-02-2021 at 01:29 PM..
Old 11-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Stay in Kurns for as long as possible.

Do whatever you need to get to 34 where you get a ton of good spells. Then its time to head to Kaesora and cut your teeth doing some charming undead. You will be here until 40+ and have a big piece of your Howling Stones key which you will use from 55-60.

You're welcome.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Banned

imagine not being human necromancer
Old 11-03-2021, 06:01 AM
Large Rat

Kurn's till 20. Then go to OOT and farm Gargoyles till 24-26 or so, you'll make tons of cash. After that look into the "levelling up while making money" guide on the WIKI. If you want to group, that's a different matter.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Well, thanks for all your suggestions, the XP mod is amazing. I did reach 18 from 12 since the moment i did post in the forums until right now. I'll keep you posted.
Closed Thread