Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Kobold

I found it easier to find groups as a mid lvl Necro than I do now at 51...You'll be fine =)
Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Kobold

So. Im still a level 4 bard. I only get about 3-4 hours a day to play. I made the run from Freeport to g'fay. Got a group on the hill one time and the cleric immediately bitched that my half elf bard introduced an exp penalty. For some reason I stopped getting exp. The monk tanking was higher level and had some high end damage shield. So I die, delevel to 4, with like a 10% exp loss. Im stuck killing bats and wasps. A 6pack of those doesn't even yield 1% exp even though the are dark blue. No one is ever in g'fay to res the corpse... game is on maximum suckass atm. This forum is the best part of the server.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reflux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So. Im still a level 4 bard. I only get about 3-4 hours a day to play. I made the run from Freeport to g'fay. Got a group on the hill one time and the cleric immediately bitched that my half elf bard introduced an exp penalty. For some reason I stopped getting exp. The monk tanking was higher level and had some high end damage shield. So I die, delevel to 4, with like a 10% exp loss. Im stuck killing bats and wasps. A 6pack of those doesn't even yield 1% exp even though the are dark blue. No one is ever in g'fay to res the corpse... game is on maximum suckass atm. This forum is the best part of the server.
Sorry to belittle your plight but bards can easily be the fastest leveling class. Also it's a waste of both your time and any cleric's time who rezzes you at low levels. Rez effects will last almost as much time as it takes you to get that xp. I kind of suspect you are exaggerating a few details about xp.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Kobold

I don't know if the exp gained from 1 six pack of level 1-2 mobs is actually less than 1% but I do not notice the blue bar move until I get 3 swarms dropped. The 10% loss may actually be an understatement. What it amounted to was a loss that will take me several hours to make up. Not a bigdealreally but I sure like venting my frustrations here.

My comment about the cleric that bitched about me being in the group was to suggest that grouping isn't so great at low end even if you do find a group. The intolerant Wow bitches are like a virus.

Don't let my rant lead you to believe that im not enjoying myself though. The deaths were my fault, a true bonehead maneuver. I was swarming the critter and got too close to the wood elfs. They teabgged the open gash they put in my neck for the aoe that they resisted. I was used to detrimental songs not affecting npc's on live.

The no rez just irritates me as the makup mini-grind costs me bigtime when you consider my limited playtime. I wish I could pay an npc to rez me, drag my corpse through zones. 'n sht. So the demand of interdependence really sucks. It should not matter if my desire for a rez is justifiable. The fact that it ia not available points to question of population density across the level range. All druids and shaman I guess.

Text entry on touchscreen phones (motorola atrix) sucks in comparison to blackberry so I apologize for errors.
Last edited by acid_reflux; 08-18-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reflux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I could pay an npc to rez me, drag my corpse through zones. 'n sht. So the demand of interdependence really sucks. It should not matter if my desire for a rez is justifiable. The fact that it ia not available points to question of population density across the level range. All druids and shaman I guess.
I'm not really sure what you mean by this, because you seem to be implying that a reasonable distribution of levels/population would mean seeing level 29+ clerics running through GFay often. Even before Kunark was out, the only reason you'd see high-levels near there is Kedge, or the occasional person saying hi to the newbies.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Ok that didn't make much sense. I guess I ran too many ideas together. I didn't give any thought to the rez thing, other than I wanted one and wasn't going to get it. Its hard to get groups in a zone where there is basically a single camp (orc hill) for low levels. The zone is saturated with like classes (druid).
the exp reward for the level 1 mobs dries up at lvl4. There isn't an abundance of level 3-4 mobs that aren't stationary with adds and part of a" camp."
I've done this a few times (leveling) but back in the day on ayonae ro (2001-2003) when I played, there was always higher levels peeps in zone that were friendly. My experience so far has been conversation with crickets when not reading auction bullshit.
So... its a classicserver populated with a lot of people that aren't as sociable as what I remember. There are exceptions of course but those are few.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Ok that didn't make much sense. I guess I ran too many ideas together. I didn't give any thought to the rez thing, other than I wanted one and wasn't going to get it. Its hard to get groups in a zone where there is basically a single camp (orc hill) for low levels. The zone is saturated with like classes (druid).
the exp reward for the level 1 mobs dries up at lvl4. There isn't an abundance of level 3-4 mobs that aren't stationary with adds and part of a" camp."
I've done this a few times (leveling) but back in the day on ayonae ro (2001-2003) when I played, there was always higher levels peeps in zone that were friendly. My experience so far has been conversation with crickets when not reading auction bullshit.
So... its a classicserver populated with a lot of people that aren't as sociable as what I remember. There are exceptions of course but those are few.
You're complaining about people being antisocial, but look at how you're acting. Would you want to be social with someone who's biaching about everything they're enjoying about the game?

If you don't like how GF is for you then go to Steamfont, or Butcherblock, or go to Qeynos. You have like 8 options for newbie zones (yes some will be much more difficult to get to/exp in) but you have to earn the companionship of people, you can't expect 'omg freendz' right away.

This is a classic server, earn your keep imo by being nice, friendly and being a good group mate and you will receive it back 10 fold.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Ok I give up. Im the looser I guess.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone seems to recall things differently. I remember sk's and pallies always having better aggro than warriors
Old 08-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

A big part of what makes EQ fun is that it can be hard. The complexity and difficulty of the game tends to ramp up as you gain levels. This is especially true for bards, who play best when twisting multiple songs together. If level 4 is this challenging to you, try another class.

Noting that you made the run from Freeport to GFD at level 4, I can see why gaining XP in 3-4 hours of play can be a challenge. Travel time is another thing that made EQ a great game (trapped on a boat with other PCs for 20 minutes or so to socialize). Still, you get no XP when riding a boat.

If you want to continue playing your bard, talk to your fellow PCs about newbie quests that could get you some cloth or tattered armor to wear. Learn which monsters you can handle in a fight. Also, check online for guides on how to play your class effectively.
Closed Thread