Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by musufasa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules are rules.
Whats your in game name? I'd like to come camp the room next to you every time I log on because "rules are rules."
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

That group sitting next to you can't 'camp' anything beyond their own little area, either. Just pull from past them and if they intercept your mobs, well, then they're kill-stealing. Granted, that can easily devolve into training each other and greifing, especially when the two groups just take the typical 'internet hostility' approach and don't even try to work mutually. However, if the parties involved have relatively level heads, it works fine.

Danth
Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

You were both dicks.

One for KSing mobs someone else had engaged, the other for moving in on a place that was obviously already being camped.

As for who is right and who wrong is according to the rules? Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter, because not everyone agrees with the official rules. The only thing that matters is reputation, and that will stick with you, earned or not. Don't think that's fair? Tough shit, life's a bitch.

When you're LFG for Seb or Velks much later on, and one member of the group says, "don't get that guy, he's a dick", do you think it will matter whether or not you were technically within the rules, or even that anyone will remember the details at all? Do you think they will even ask why the person said you were a dick? No, because it's not worth it, they won't care, and there are almost always more people available to join a group, especially one in the good spots.

Being in the "right" isn't worth trashing your rep, and EQ players are notorious for holding grudges for years. There are TONS of places to get good xp in the 20s and 30s.

Bottom line, don't be a dick.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Large Bat

Default ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Speed a dwarf warrior? (or some sort of melee).
If so I could have sworn that I grouped with him in Unrest once. We had taken the main room on the first floor and I was pulling all of the first floor mobs. As so often happens another group moved in the back, personally I tend to let them get on with it when this happens but Speed got pretty angry and started shouting about it.

Speed is better off going back to World of "lets be fair" Craft.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

this isn't live....this isn't live....this isn't live....fuck the rules...use your heads.... don't be a douchebag...nuff said
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Post prior to yours 4-19-2010... Why were you browsing that far back just to troll? There is a great post in R&F about the HHK basement, check that out!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Well since the thread is now revived, I'll go ahead and add my two cents.

I've been on both sides of this feud. Sure it's annoying when another group or duo comes up and asks to share some basement mobs, but it also royally sucks when you're camped and bound there, but told to frack off every time you log in.

To be perfectly honest, the P99 way has ruined my HHk experience, which was once my favorite classic live zone to group in. Sure the exp might not be as great when there are multiple groups, but it's more lively and more enjoyable for everybody when theres more than 6 people running around in the zone.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

In classic, Verant said camps dont exist. KSing was frowned upon, not against the rules. Highest dps ruled. Thats classic. Fuck these camp rules.
Last edited by zianlo1; 02-01-2011 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: cuz i dont know how to spell In....
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianlo1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, Verant said camps dont exist. KSing was frowned upon, not against the rules. Highest dps ruled. Thats classic. Fuck these camp rules.
How is this ANY better than the current situation? Instead of having a group move in and killing "some" of your mobs youre saying you would prefer they came in and started killing mobs you pulled so you get nothing. Genius, absolute genius plan right here.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Also following the post,

This Isn't Live.

This is P99, there are rules to stop this kind of bullshit because people don't want ksing.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread