Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 12:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Warrior DPS & Threat Spreadsheet

Hi all,

I'm a poor newb warrior on Green, but I try to do my best. I was trying to decide which weapons to get for the most DPS and threat gen. I understand that if a warrior is MT, threat gen is king. I also know, from reading the guides and forums, that procing weapons are popular and recommended for threat gen.

However, a lot of the analysis done in the past was for lvl 50 characters, with BiS weapons and high stats (mainly, DEX and STR). I am only lvl 17 and I have no gear, so I was wondering if I should do something different, than what is advised at end game.

I had two main concerns going in: I do want most threat gen when I'm MT, but I'm often not MT and then I want high DPS. But, I can only afford one set of decent weapons.

So: How do different weapon sets compare, in terms of threat gen and DPS?

Here's the spreadsheet I made, which calculates DPS and Threat / Second, as a function of level. You can change the STR and DEX. You can compare 2 sets of weapons. No 2H option yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I used various formulas I found on the P99 wiki. I used max damage, just because. This is all calculated "per second", so I hope the low hits and crits average out.

Anyway, the result appears to be Obsidian Shard / Obsidian Shard is close in DPS to Polished Steel Dirk / Silvery War Axe, but is much higher in threat gen, even with low DEX. In fact, most threat comes from the main hand procs. The off-hand is not predicted to proc very much at all. I know secondary proc rates are debated.

The main caveat is how much threat the procs generate. I used the info the Sakuragi's guide. Threat = 1 point per dmg, and 550 for debuffs. Obsidian shard is a debuff + dmg, so that's what I used. I'd love to test this, but I would need another warrior of a similar level.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know what y'all think. As I said, I'm fairly new to this. If you have additional info, please let me know (with sources).
I'll try to support this with logs as I go, but I'll need to get a proc'ing weapon first.
Last edited by treefiddey; 04-26-2020 at 12:36 AM..
Old 04-26-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I recall aggro also being generated with every swing on p99 even if it's a miss. It was this way, way back in the day on this server unsure if this still applies.

dps + swing + proc + distance + spell agro = agro?

also There is only Agro & Hate,.. correct?
The hate list is static, generated as people take aggressive actions toward mob, in that order.
Agro list can move around.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-26-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I recall aggro also being generated with every swing on p99 even if it's a miss. It was this way, way back in the day on this server unsure if this still applies.

dps + swing + proc + distance + spell agro = agro?
According to Sakuragi,

aggro per swing = WeaponDamage + DamageBonus
if your weapon proc's, that's additional aggro.

This all depends on distance, but I ignore the distance dependence because it's hard to factor in and my goal is to compare different weapon sets.

I use swings per second and aggro per swing to get threat per second.
This would include misses and hits.

Proc aggro is calculated by converting proc's per minute to proc's per second. 1 dmg = 1 threat point and debuff = additional 550.
Closed Thread