Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-26-2023, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s why you have root and a bow.
And watch the monk solo 3 mobs and bandage to 75% between each kill, while you bow kite a mob down for 5 minutes.
Old 12-26-2023, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And watch the monk solo 3 mobs and bandage to 75% between each kill, while you bow kite a mob down for 5 minutes.
Mindset issue.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-27-2023, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Life begins at 60. Who cares about the grind on any class?

Any melee can kill one blue every 7 mins and be ready for the respawn. Hope that helps.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Life begins at 60.
For some. For others its when a new alt begins.

Rangers suck unless twinked to the absolute max...and even then an EC tunnel monk is far better.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Life begins at 60. Who cares about the grind on any class?

Any melee can kill one blue every 7 mins and be ready for the respawn. Hope that helps.
Yea I disagree who cares about 60. The fun for me is exploring different builds and places and forming small groups and meeting people along the way.

Velious was beaten in kunark gear so raiding is essentially just mageloquesting.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

People can have fun in dungeons at 60. Or try solo kills. Or help others. It doesn’t have to be raiding. Also if you are grouping up the whole solo beast class thing doesn’t matter at all…monk or whatever.

Im about to hit 60 for the 7th time. My only point is level 53 doesn’t mean anything (it’s not hard). Also any ranger with moderately good EC gear isn’t even slowing down at that point. HK nobles are dark blue as are bards…
Old 12-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw it’s monks block skill. Insanely op.
Yep. Block procs close to twice as much as parry. I think theres some hidden mechanic tied with weight, but block isOP regardless
Old 12-27-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
People can have fun in dungeons at 60.
This is true. We did a drunken 6 man of 60s mostly BiS King group years back. Camped out by the archway area where some juggs spawn and pulled King from the back side. We had a couple juggs, some spores, and a fungi king in camp at one point and I thought that was going to be the end of us.

Good times.
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-27-2023 at 11:11 AM..
Old 12-27-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some. For others its when a new alt begins.

Rangers suck unless twinked to the absolute max...and even then an EC tunnel monk is far better.
This is an unfortunate reality for rangers, no matter how much you spend you will still just get annihilated around lvl 53 when mobs power spikes. I’d be curious going around on a bis ranger to see how they do but sounds like ac is broken for them regardless.
Old 12-27-2023, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

At the end of the day Rangers are still a really fun class even with all of their weaknesses. They have good fashionquest and a lot of extra utility.

I had a lot of fun leveling mine up and since hitting 60 I've mainly used to him to farm random items or vendor trash for extra plat. He's at his best when killing green mobs and that's Ok because he's the most fun to do it on.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)