Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather pay out of my pocket to keep the server running than compromise integrity and accept money from people breaking our rules.
It may not be this project. But it will certainly be one of them. People can remain irrational longer than you can possibly remain solvent. Remember that.

And if you haven't already gotten a time-frame for an exit, I suggest you start building one.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Aviak

Interesting thing happened on Red this morning. XP bonus was put back in place. People came out of the woodwork. The server was flooded with people who had quit.. then they took it away. The people left. Interesting how within hours of the XP bonus how many people came back. Just imagine if they had left it in.. we might have had a viable server.
Last edited by Marqus; 03-23-2014 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: I've been soloing for 54 levels now.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Hey maddog. You don't seem to understand the serious results of what you were doing. If RMT were allowed freely and dev crew didn't combat it SOE could shut the project down.

So please respect the fact that they fight vigorously to catch RMT people because not doing so would mean the end of P99.

Also, if you were only level 20 you didn't lose much that you legitimately obtained for yourself. Start over. If not, well I'm sorry you got caught breaking the rules. Have fun with your future endeavors.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Orc

Default lost my old email address

=/ IDK how to change my password anymore, my old yahoo accountgot hacked because of Guildwars 2, and there was no way to recover it, as I made it in like 1998. IDK what to do =/ please don't change my password if you can't find a way to figure this out. EQ emu has a limit on how many times you can try to figure out your password, gah I should have seen this coming. I can still log in fine now, but not if you reset everything.
Last edited by Hijynx; 03-24-2014 at 12:17 AM..
Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by csc2153 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server will spend more in resources in chasing RMT than running an adequate emulation of a game they never created themselves.

Great allocation of resources. I pity the poor idiots who trust these guys with the responsibility of their well-being.
Awwww did someone get banned?
QQ come closer let me taste them salty tears, mmmmmm nom nom nom
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awwww did someone get banned?
QQ come closer let me taste them salty tears, mmmmmm nom nom nom
Lol yeah. I am a bit upset. Oh well. Its not like it was expected that the offenders would have gone away painless.

On another note, if you really want something salty I can facilitate you...
Old 03-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by csc2153 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can facilitate you...
Old 03-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Lol yeah. I am a bit upset. Oh well. Its not like it was expected that the offenders would have gone away painless.

On another note, if you really want something salty I can facilitate you...
Oh you're the only one feeling pain right now.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
It may not be this project. But it will certainly be one of them. People can remain irrational longer than you can possibly remain solvent. Remember that.

And if you haven't already gotten a time-frame for an exit, I suggest you start building one.

What the hell are you even talking about? It's a private server, it was probably never intended to be solvent, and I doubt that the admin needs to worry about an "exit".
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Exclamation

Honestly , if there is a big need for purchasing items or plat, especially those who want to play but do not have the time to invest grinding 60 hours a week for loot, should have some kind of pay for plat option. This problem will continue as long as you have casual people playing this server trying to compete with people who have the time to grind. The gms should consider some kind of donation for plat program so anyone who has the desire to play and doesn't have the time have an option. This would also help the server pop. I understand this isn't classic, but most of us were kids during classic as well and had the time and energy to grind.
Closed Thread