Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Do I care about Boxing? Nope, was classic.
ANY chance of allowing a SINGLE 2 box anytime soon? I did in fact 5 box before and I paid for those accounts, so no one cared, but here I understand the difference, but I LOVE PLing my chars. It was part of the fun when I hit max level.

I dont even know the reasons this was originally prohibited since I just joined recently.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergomas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ANY chance of allowing a SINGLE 2 box anytime soon? I did in fact 5 box before and I paid for those accounts, so no one cared, but here I understand the difference, but I LOVE PLing my chars. It was part of the fun when I hit max level.

I dont even know the reasons this was originally prohibited since I just joined recently.

Thanks
Have you played on Live in the last few years? Or even on Mac (RIP) or other servers with boxing.
There is hardly any interaction between players because everyone just boxes themselves, it's like playing a single player game online. It really messes up communities.

And if you think fighting over mobs/loot is bad now, wait until there's boxing then there will be at least 2x the people fighting over the loot because now you only need half the players to lock a spawn down (if you have 2-3 people 2-3 boxing, rather than 6 actual people in one group, for example).
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by csc2153 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here it comes Rogean. No sleep for the restless! You cannot win the fight against the crowd!

And while you may flex your muscles and no matter how hard. This crowd will push and push till you can no longer or shut this server down!

You cannot stop it. SONY could not stop it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCnj-Bm18c
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergomas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks
I have asked.

Answer is no. Its always no.

I remember putting in my 2nd phone line in 99 so I could get on with two 56k dialups.

H
Old 03-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have asked.

Answer is no. Its always no.

I remember putting in my 2nd phone line in 99 so I could get on with two 56k dialups.

H
I did the same. Paid for two phone lines. Worked at the ISP so got the dial ups for free.

I had two 56k's in my laptop and could dial them both in for double bandwidth. Thing was crazy looking with two phone lines, one on each side. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll just leave this right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkmFDz4Hgg
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Kobold

10/10, the hot tears of all the cheaters coming out to cry over wasted RMT were so delicious and an unexpected bonus.

Keep up the great work staff!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

unable to change my eqemu password.

keeps telling me I can not change my email. I dun wana change my email and its blank.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the same. Paid for two phone lines. Worked at the ISP so got the dial ups for free.

I had two 56k's in my laptop and could dial them both in for double bandwidth. Thing was crazy looking with two phone lines, one on each side. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll just leave this right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkmFDz4Hgg
Phones weren't cheap back then. It was like $45 per phone line, then $20 for each dialup.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phones weren't cheap back then. It was like $45 per phone line, then $20 for each dialup.
and $15 per month for two accounts.

I was making $25 per hour and living with my mommy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Wasn't a thing.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of us not able to get past character select or when we do, we get kicked to log in. It seems Permafrost is down for mostly everyone trying to get in but somehow there's a raid force able to get in there and is clearing for Vox.
this is still happening, wtf?