Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Sarnak

So much drama on this server, so much life wasted.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you pretty much allowed these guys to sell to over 400 people before taking action, well I'm sure they're very grateful with the insane amount of money YOU allowed them to make before banning them.
The idea is to hurt the people who actually lose their real money in the process. RMT people aren't going to go away, especially on a completely F2P game, because they only invest their time, which might be worthless itself and even if they get banned, they'll try again.

You RMTers on the other hand, who bought, I don't know, a fungi tunic and a lot of excellent monk gear to level your iksar monk as fast as possible with your RMT plat are now banned after two months of non-stop playing and have nothing to play and a hole in your pocket where the money you paid the RMT guy with used to be. What are the odds those guys will just try RMTing again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only thing I'd maybe suggest is registering for Google Voice and using that number. That way you don't have to worry about it if you change carriers and lose your current cell #
until you no longer have access to your google voice number for whatever reason, then that shit falls on its face as well. Either way, you're trusting another company to maintain the service for you.
Last edited by Quineloe; 03-26-2014 at 05:32 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until you no longer have access to your google voice number for whatever reason, then that shit falls on its face as well. Either way, you're trusting another company to maintain the service for you.
True, but I'm pretty sure your voice number will remain unchanged as long as google is in business. Your cell phone # can change for a variety of reasons.

My wifes Aunt got a new phone # (they moved from one coast to another) and her previous number was reassigned. That person was able to access her banking info because it was tied to her previous phone # and the bank sent her an alert with a link to click.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wifes Aunt got a new phone # (they moved from one coast to another) and her previous number was reassigned. That person was able to access her banking info because it was tied to her previous phone # and the bank sent her an alert with a link to click.
That shit would be impossible in Germany. New cell phone number because you moved? Are your land lines tied to your cell phone contracts?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That shit would be impossible in Germany. New cell phone number because you moved? Are your land lines tied to your cell phone contracts?
If you moved far enough to change area codes (probably dont have in germany) then there is a chance that your old number(7 digits) was in use. Also he said his aunt. i would guess that she is a older woman so probably talking about landline. Just a guess though.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much drama on this server, so much life wasted.
Only on the forums. Very little drama in-game in my experience.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only on the forums. Very little drama in-game in my experience.

Yeah that is what i ment to say. =)
Old 03-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Is it mandatory to link the EQemulator account to the p99 site?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beovvulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where can i find the updated spell files? thanks
Great question, where are the files found?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great question, where are the files found?
There are no update files for this patch. All the fixes were serverside stuff.