Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.
If you want to have fun talking and interacting with people you have guildchat and discord. If you want to buy something the best way to do it is from merchants, whether that's npc merchants or real merchants.

You want 1 zone to function for 2 different purposes. Very few people want to sit around wasting time haggling or being unlucky to not be online at the same time as the person who has the item they want.

Bazaar was the single best quality of life change that ever happened to everquest.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to have fun talking and interacting with people you have guildchat and discord. If you want to buy something the best way to do it is from merchants, whether that's npc merchants or real merchants.

You want 1 zone to function for 2 different purposes. Very few people want to sit around wasting time haggling or being unlucky to not be online at the same time as the person who has the item they want.

Bazaar was the single best quality of life change that ever happened to everquest.
This right here. I don't have unlimited gaming time. I wanna play, not wait for an item that may or may not show up.

The bazaar was like a big shopping center. Pop in. Oh, there's my item. Or nope, not available atm. And move on to play the game.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-27-2020, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Bazaar would limit player socialization and drive down the number of accounts logged in, in EC. It won't happen for the 'health of the server'.

takp has proof of this and they even allow boxing over there.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar would limit player socialization and drive down the number of accounts logged in, in EC. It won't happen for the 'health of the server'.

takp has proof of this and they even allow boxing over there.
then introduce the nexus as well, there's your meeting point for socialization and player interaction

I'm not sure you can even call what happens in EC as player socalization though. The "health of the server" would improve dramatically when people don't have to deal with the BS of the EC tunnel like Caros. I personally don't have a problem with him but if I had 1 plat for every time one of my guildies cursed that name in guildchat I could buy a dozen manastones.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=86584&page=2
Old 09-28-2020, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'll advocate for a shared bank slot until my dying breath.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Banned

Id rather shit that would be small, yet noticeable. tldr its mostly regen/mana

Druid ac/hp buffline: 1hp/mana a tick per rank.
shaman/druid regen spells mana cost reduction and maybe lowering levels acquired
Adding hp regen to shaman Stamina buff lines. 1hp per rank
INT caster Shielding spells: 1mana a tick every other rank
Wizard Skin spells giving 1mana a tick per rank
Lowered cost of fletching items, higher yield of fletched arrow combines, and able to stack arrows to 100 or 200, 10 slot quivers and ranger only bows that are worth a fuck. not just at max level either. if knights can get tailor made 2h/1h weapons i dont see why a ranger couldnt get away with a 15/30 bow or somesuch.
Adding lower level variants of hybrid 50+ quirklike spells. SKs getting lower level Shroud taps, rangers getting lower levels SoN/predator, paladins divine thing.
Giving paladins resurrects earlier. 0% at 39, 50% at 49, 90% at 55.
Universal because too many to name: Lowered level and longer duration of "sight" spells for all applicable classes, heat, infra, deadeye, etc

I mainly only want more mana regen to Wizards somehow. Even when grouped with an enchanter it still sucks and if soloing you better have a handful of cash for jboots and the patience of a GM during an earthquake to med between quads.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.
You leave your character in-game with the items you want to sell at whatever price you decide.

The amount of undercutting that would finally happen, which this over-bloated server needs, would be a breath of fresh air.

Every change made to this game on Live is one that makes the game less of a hassle to play. I understand, vaguely, the idea of sticking to the hassle, but most of it is just posturing. Adhering to the idea that suffering in an easily fixable way makes you a better person, and a better player of a game you like.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:45 PM
Kobold

There several things you could do that would be an extremely minimal deviance from classic while providing real QoL benefits.

Such as in the INN in felwithe you can buy a room key, but you cant use them to lock the door.

It would be nice to be able to purchase a room key and go inside a room and lock the door. While inside, you could click the key on the door to lock it from opening from the outside Just split door entity to make a door with an inside and outside layer with different click actions. The key after first use will generate a new temporary internal ID which is tied to the door. I don't know if there is any client certificate or crypto going on, but it would be nice if your client would always "have access" for the duration of that particular key. Even if it were related to your clients IP or something.

So you could drop no rent items in there and they would last for the duration of the key, or log on with another char to safely transfer items.

I don't know about y'all but often times I need to transfer items and wind up trying to find a good hiding spot rather than bugging someone to help. In either case you're at risk of items poofing or being stolen.

There are so many INNs in the game, they all have innkeeps. Would be nice if they were used.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:25 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Picture of Arkaan immediately before posting the above comment.
Closed Thread