Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter what happens in November I think we can all agree that we're not really interested in professional sports any more.
I was reading an article the other day about how sociologists suspect the decline in interest in NBA viewership is due to racism.

Like....consume this programming and continue practicing idolatry of your assigned "sports heroes" or you're racist.

The cope.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Banned

Consider golf.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was reading an article the other day about how sociologists suspect the decline in interest in NBA viewership is due to racism.

Like....consume this programming and continue practicing idolatry of your assigned "sports heroes" or you're racist.

The cope.
You kidding me? Nobody watches NBA anymore because it’s trash. What a reach to say racism lol! Baseball is headed that way with all of these bullshit rule changes they’re trying to make that change a game that’s been played the same way for over a hundred years. I wonder what bullshit reason they’ll come up with for that sharp decline.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider golf.
They say golf is one of the most relaxing things you can watch
Old 09-28-2020, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Called it 2 years ago. I demand to be given a cushy anchor job on a cable TV.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=26
Didnt click, good avatar tho
Old 09-29-2020, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They say golf is one of the most relaxing things you can watch
Howabout bowling or knitting?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Howabout bowling or knitting?
Nothing relaxing about watching PDW roll a 300. Shit's like watching fireworks on the Fourth of July!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider golf.
Not sure if there a more racist sport than golf.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean yeah there are some activities like yachting and cross-country skiing and hockey. None of those are sports. Those are just things white people do.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah there are some activities like yachting and cross-country skiing and hockey. None of those are sports. Those are just things white people do.
I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but it's definitely a sport. It meets the three main criteria:

1. An objective contest with rules and a clear winner. Swimming is a sport, diving is not.
2. The athlete plays a bigger part than the equipment in deciding the outcome of the contest. Auto racing is not a sport. Horse racing is only a sport if you're talking about the horse.
3. Performed by an athlete. NFL is a sport. ESports (I cringe even using that term) is not.

I'll give some latitude here for a specialized athlete, but the general criteria here is can you take the athlete to another sport and expect they'd perform well at an intramural type level. I'd take Lebron James for my softball team over, say, Faker.

Based on this you think about Tiger Woods and think golf might be a sport. Then you look at John Daley and think, nah...
Old 09-29-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The greatest living coaches are all Slavs. Enjoy it, dingus.
Saban, belichick, popovich? Who am I missing