Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Sometime in 2002, I believe shortly after the PoP release. First time poster btw, greetings everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2015, 06:24 AM
Skeleton

Back when i was in the navy and stationed in japan i was playing dragonrealms on base decided to go with a few guys to a internet cafe off base and seen all these people playing ultima,realm and eq that was 1999-2000ish.Thats when i got my first taste of eq played it everyday then 9/11 happened and thats about teh time i stopped because i got deployed then came back around a xpac after PoP and relized the game lost its appeal to me.Thank god i just found p99.Feels like i get to start back off where i left off.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

I watched my brother play Vanilla EQ for about a year until I begged and pleaded for a computer of my own to play it. He'd occasionally let me roll a newb character, but he was a real asshole about letting me play it for more than an hour or two before kicking me off.

By the time I had some autonomy, Kunark was already out.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Played in my dad's account for a while when I was really, really young, like four or five. I didn't know how to do anything and totaled about an hour of playtime, but it was fun-ish. Hopefully I can turn and not get stuck in walls and not autoattack the Priest of Discord this time around.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...then came back around a xpac after PoP and relized the game lost its appeal to me.Thank god i just found p99.Feels like i get to start back off where i left off.
+1

Same way I feel, like we were gifted the era we never got to properly enjoy.

Bumps for this thread, good stuff here.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Skeleton

I started playing Kunark not long after it came out but stopped playing until after Velious came out; but still only had the Kunark client for a long time. My first character I believe was a human monk named Laloan; which I think was just a auto generated name. I didn't much care for the character so I rolled a Gnome wizard named Balonstine. I didnt care for him much either so I made a Dark Elf rogue named Larcen. I really liked playing him but it was hard to solo and I had trouble finding groups. I ended up making a Dark Elf Necromancer named Malistrom and played him until 51. I then used him to farm hill giants and made a good amount of money. I then twinked out my rogue and he was my main character from there on out. My necro to this day only managed to get to level 52 but I loved playing him as well. I played exclusively on the Druzzil Ro server and ended up quitting several times until I finally finished playing with any regularity after DON. I played casually, like once a week or so, when they opened up the free-to-play but never really liked the whole cap system for the free account.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Skeleton

Thinking about it a little more, my first time seeing everquest was while I was at a friends house and I saw his step-dad playing everquest and running around doing a CR in one of the Karana's I think. This would have been pre-Kunark.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Large Rat

..Does EQ 2 count?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katarjin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..Does EQ 2 count?
Well, it has EQ in it, so... I guess it does.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Bought the game the first week it was released. I remember fondly those tremendous "trains' out of CRUSHBONE and BLACKBURROW,with some people laughing out loud and some being in a fit of rage! God that was some exciting gaming,that left you on the edge of your chair when you went inside a dungeon. Thanks p99 for all you have done!
Closed Thread