Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You most of not played pvp RZ.Cause I ganked twinks all the time with only a weapon in my hand and leather gear.Guess what happen when you go LD...Opps thank you twink for nice gear..
Thats what I'm saying. No item loot means those twinks have nothing to fear..and poor newbs have nothing to gain by ganging up and taking them out. I re-read my post and it was extremely unclear.

The point I was trying to make is that when Item loot is Disabled..lowbie twinks get to troll through newb zones completely fearless. When item loot is engaged, no matter how strong you make your level 10 rogue, you COULD get ganked, or go LD and you could lose your ikky bp. Without item loot that level 10 never has to worry about -anything-
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats what I'm saying. No item loot means those twinks have nothing to fear..and poor newbs have nothing to gain by ganging up and taking them out. I re-read my post and it was extremely unclear.

The point I was trying to make is that when Item loot is Disabled..lowbie twinks get to troll through newb zones completely fearless. When item loot is engaged, no matter how strong you make your level 10 rogue, you COULD get ganked, or go LD and you could lose your ikky bp. Without item loot that level 10 never has to worry about -anything-
on RZ twinks ran around in all no drop gear, they weren't dumb.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"We're Going streaking up through the quad and into the gymnasium! Come on everybody"
Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Who the fuck has a twink? This project will be extremly succesful with 90-150 people online. This aint disneyland

Yes maybe 200-300 people start but it wont last. Most americans dont have the skin for it.

This is why everquest bluebie has never been recreated. No money in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

iirc
P99 had 150-200 the first couple months and there were people everywhere in those zones of level.
then around december, there was like 300ish and there was alot of 40-50s on server and still the server seemed quite healthy.
R99 should be fun with these amounts
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Like someone said the past pvp servers that were a success minus boxes were probably a 100 people. So without boxing im gonna say 150-200 would be MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on RZ twinks ran around in all no drop gear, they weren't dumb.
You never played on Rallos Zek, and if you did, you are an ignorant unobservant moron. From someone who played on Rallos for YEARS; I've ganked a white dragon helm, aon, dathors hammer, fungi, botgt, heavy dragon bp, bcg. I've also lost a fungi, tons of mithril, SCHW's. NO ONE ran around in No drop gear excluding SOME caster shit, it was trash.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Aviak

Item Loot – Why not have it in for the first 7months or however long it was in for during Classic if you’re going to go for a classic feel leave it in for a short period. I remember being level 40 cleric with nothing but leather and tidbits of bronze on. It defiantly made for interesting gameplay dynamics when your main tanks wear garbage. Also note people didn’t bind rush like crazy until they removed the one item loot.

Coin – Leave it in.

XP Deaths - Leave it in, even when XP deaths were removed it just caused people to find clever ways to exp other players. Which in turn I think caused people to whine more when they took an exp death because they were rooted or jumped on while in the middle of an encounter.

I'm surprised there are so many sissies in this thread.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item Loot – Why not have it in for the first 7months or however long it was in for during Classic if you’re going to go for a classic feel leave it in for a short period. I remember being level 40 cleric with nothing but leather and tidbits of bronze on. It defiantly made for interesting gameplay dynamics when your main tanks wear garbage. Also note people didn’t bind rush like crazy until they removed the one item loot.

Coin – Leave it in.

XP Deaths - Leave it in, even when XP deaths were removed it just caused people to find clever ways to exp other players. Which in turn I think caused people to whine more when they took an exp death because they were rooted or jumped on while in the middle of an encounter.

I'm surprised there are so many sissies in this thread.

This Poster is right on!!! LIke it
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok sorry misunderstood you...Your right on the money this time.I played RZ from begining till end and I know what works and dont work.I would like to see loot items left in the game,But this time keep it in.At higher levels the planer gear and few other pcs of no drop gear really will not help that much more.Especially against a caster class.
Closed Thread