Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Darwoth you sound like you only enjoy PvP when you're ganking someone. Unfortunately for you, being harassed all day long at your exclusive camp is also a part of a PvP server. Deal with it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

WTB Item loot.

Like Darwoth said coin loot just isn't that big of deal passed the newbie levels. I feel like there is really nothing major to risk or gain through PvP. I miss the excitement of killing someone having the chance to loot a valuable item.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't read your shit post because you realize bind rushing will also be against the rules, therefore using your own logic, your original point is null and void.

In case you forgot it's right up there

Since bind rushing will be against the rules, your little fears aren't real.
see kids, this is what happens when you fail to "just say no"

don't be like this guy
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

See kids, that's called "deflecting." It's what happens your cornered by your own inferior logic and need to find an escape route.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

i think your trying to say it is called projecting, not deflecting.

either way nothing you have said thus far has been accurate and you are demonstrating just how fucking stupid you are with each followup post.

by all means continue.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think your trying to say it is called projecting, not deflecting.
Hahaha, you dipshit. Get a dictionary, and a grammar lesson while you're at it.

You're trying to justify exp loss by saying it deters bind rushing while ignoring that it is already against the rules (therefore already deterred, more so than by exp loss – getting banned is worse). Your point is void because the reason you are citing is already against the rules. What other reason do you have to keep exp loss?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

The blue server awaits here if you can't handle XP loss <------------------
Old 10-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Orc

As someone who plans to participate in PVP, death is statistically more likely to happen to me than any blue player, and thats even if I'm careful. What I mean is, if I PVP, I should be prepared to lose exp often, forcing me to spend more time playing "blue" just to maintain my current level.

It just seems a bit counter-intuitive. The reason were having a pvp server is why? So that blue players can take a break from playing p99?
Old 10-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

PvE begets PvP, and vice versa.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Kobold

I've read some of what other people have suggested, and I think there's some good stuff that's been suggested, many rule-sets that I think would work wonderfully, and I feel are just plain simpler and less exploitable than the "dynamic" pvp system. It was a great idea, it's just really difficult, and not worth the time and effort to test/code/develop/troubleshoot/police/etc. So, here's my feedback and suggestions:

I liked the hardcore rules on Sullon Zek that you could kill anyone on the other teams. That server was different though, because you had team-mates to back you up (supposedly), and also faction help you could fall back on like guards and class trainers and such (supposedly this is being worked on?). Without a team to rely on, and currently no assist from NPC's, there isn't going to be as much of a "safe" area for anyone, ruling out that type of no level limit rule-set. Thus, I suggest either a +-10/+-5 or +-8/+-4 ruleset similar to what a couple other people have mentioned. Let me explain the numbers.

In a 10/5 ruleset, 10 levels would be the engage range, while -5 is the loot/exp death range. You can freely attack anyone within a 10 level range of you, but you'd only be able to loot coin from or cause an experience death to someone 5 levels below you. If you manage to kill the player higher level than you (between 5-10 levels) they could still lose exp and be looted, as a penalty for sucking so bad (if that's easy to code/set up, if not, no biggy, basic +-10/+-5 is fine). If people think that's too hardcore, you could make it +-8/+-4, where 8 levels is the max engage range, but 4 levels it the loot/exp range.

In my mind, this system facilitates a higher amount of pvp engagement, while not making the penalty so severe for those getting stomped on by someone who is realistically way out of their league. Larger engage range, in my opinion, allows for more immersion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. So would faction assist, for that matter.

Now, if you REALLY wanted to get tricky, you could do a scaling version of this ruleset, where at lower levels it's something like 6/3 (levels 1-10), then 8/4 (11-25 or 30), then 10/5 (26+ or 31+). Something along these lines would be ideal for this type of FFA server, in my opinion.

I'd actually like to request some feedback from everyone on this particular idea, both the X/Y idea and the scaling 6/3, 8/4, 10/5 range. To me these sound really good! What do you think?
Last edited by Toomuch; 10-15-2011 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread