Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Broke: being mad at steve jobs
Woke: being mad at marconi
Bespoke: being mad at gutenberg
🤣
Old 10-17-2021, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: I also don't like overusing the term "biological male" or "biological female." This might technically be a factual way to explain it -- but it can be pretty misleading. I'm a biological male because I have testosterone running their my bloodstream among other physical characteristics associated with being a male. This isn't always true for a transgirl.
I’m assuming you know this, but men also have estrogen and women also have testosterone in their blood. Men need estrogen for lots of things like brain function and especially bone/joint health, and I forget testosterone’s role for women because I have researched hormone’s roles in men much more deeply than for women. All I can comment about testosterone for women is that if a woman was to inject exogenous testosterone, one side effect (in addition to - over time - masculine features) is increased horniness/libido. There’s also speculation that women who have a higher sex drive may have slightly higher than normal levels of testosterone in their bodies (but still within the natural range)

There was also a story I heard of of a female athlete who was banned from competing in her sport following a drug test due to elevated levels of testosterone. They later found her body was just naturally producing an amount that was slightly above the allowed cutoff to compete, so she was an anomaly

There have also been men competitors who have been caught with above-natural levels of testosterone during drug tests, and then later because of these went and got a physical and found out they had testicular cancer, a tumor on their testicles that was causing them to produce extra testosterone. Being caught and banned from competing in pro sports was for them a blessing because it allowed them to find out they had cancer

Speaking of cancer, that is one reason why men or women would attempt to completely remove a hormone from their blood. For example my uncle as a state 4 prostate cancer survivor has to take drugs to reduce testosterone in his system. And my mom as a breast cancer survivor (double mascetomy) has to take a drug to remove estrogen from her body. She now has osteoporosis because of estrogen’s use in bone/joint health, but osteoporosis is still better than breast cancer, which most often metastasizes to the bones next anyway
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-17-2021 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-17-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

When it comes to the APA (American Psychological Association) stance towards trans people of affirmation, some people including me initially thought they were getting political and taking a “side”

After researching it a bit more and from working in the field it now sounds like affirmation became best practice because nothing else worked. Counseling didn’t work, medications didn’t work, more radical therapies didn’t work. So affirmation was adopted because the APA was more like “well wtf else can we do? A lobotomy?” (Kidding about that quote, but it basically sums it up)

Trans attitudes in kids currently has a fad element, and not all kids who claim to be trans end up staying trans. And some adults don’t end up staying trans. But some adults are very deeply trans, and in my experience with mental health, I’m guessing there is something in their DNA causing it

In that case, it would be ingrained, and counseling ain’t gonna do shit. Just like I can’t counsel someone out of being straight, I wouldn’t be able to counsel someone out of gender dysphoria either

That’s my opinion from working in the field of mental health
Old 10-17-2021, 12:41 PM
Banned

The fad element is the most concerning thing, especially when it's the parents parading around their newly-out "trans" kid as a trophy. Young kids barely understand anything, let alone their sexual orientation, especially before puberty. A boy might think he's a girl. He also might think he's a dinosaur. Or a truck. Setting them on a path that can have extremely serious, irreversible effects later in life, before they can consent to such drastic things is abusive.

It can also be kind of a roundabout form of conversion therapy on the part of the parent. "No no, my son isn't gay, he's actually a straight girl!". Like, maybe just let him be gay? You're his parent, he's gonna believe and trust in what you tell him.

It's a free country, and when you're an adult you can do as you please. I certainly believe that, and I also don't think anyone should be tormented or mocked or belittled for who they are. But we have laws about consent for a reason, and if they're going to apply to things like buying cigarettes or going to a rated-R movie, they should certainly apply to radically life altering medical therapies.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't reply just now don't worry though your bergout didn't go unnoticed.
Dave Chappelle.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Banned

When you say "kids pretend to be trucks" show me one kid who had a sex/species change to become a truck or apache helicopter..
Old 10-17-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

A Native American organization is demanding a correction, apology and the firings of Fox News personnel for a series of racist comments.

Rachel Campos-Duffy, who appeared with her husband, former Wisconsin GOP Rep. Sean Duffy, said on Fox News Primetime that Native Americans’ struggles have “everything to do with government dependency, alcoholism and family breakdowns.”
Old 10-17-2021, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you say "kids pretend to be trucks" show me one kid who had a sex/species change to become a truck or apache helicopter..
That's not what I said, gravy. I said kids often think lots of things, they have wild imaginations and we don't indulge them for a reason; because they are kids and are still figuring the world out.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Immigration activists walk out on Biden administration during meeting

Quote:
"I cannot stand one more meeting of them pretending. They give us accolades on the outside, but on the inside, we're having to take out the metaphoric knives from our back."
Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security said it is ready to reinstate the Trump-era "Remain in Mexico" policy by mid-November following a court order upheld by the Supreme Court.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:24 PM
Banned

As for all that spirit panguine 147 gender shit --

I agree some of that is nuts. So some would consider me a bigot for that. But I just can't understand why society needs to learns over hundred different genders to better describe people. At least not right this minute.

Obviously there are a few cases of non-binaries being some kind of mix of male and female and just can't be categorized well. But this stuff with the girls...that look and act like girls...not wanting to call themselves girls...

I think that might be a highly unfortunate fad.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-17-2021 at 03:28 PM..
Closed Thread