Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQOA wasn't really like EQ, it was streamlined for the console and was kinda like cruise control. It was still a pretty fun game though despite what some of the hardcore EQ hipsters might tell you, but they tend to only like EQ and no other games at all lol.
I played the EQOA beta, which incidentally also meant I had free copy of the game and 1-month subscription after release. It wasn't very good and I didn't play more after that, but it was kind of nice to be in a populated version of the "Old World" again, considering what EQ Live had become by that point.

Anyway about New World, the caster class design seems too weak for me to want to play it.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Banned

so did we just forget about pantheon: rise of the fallen?
Old 09-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

yes.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give Pantheon a shot if it releases. New World, however, releases in a few weeks.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

New World Order from amazon
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:55 PM
Banned

its a MMO where you scream threats thruogh peoples Alexa devices and browbeat them into buying products from Amazon to lvl up
Old 09-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a MMO where you scream threats thruogh peoples Alexa devices and browbeat them into buying products from Amazon to lvl up
goog meme.

Seriously though, I was a little concerned what the in-game cash shop situation would be like, cause you know, Amazon. The game does not have a subscription, so the monetization is "box sales" + cash shop. That said, they have stated that the cash shop is just cosmetics. No pay-to-win stuff apparently. We'll see if it stays that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium
Anyway about New World, the caster class design seems too weak for me to want to play it.
I totally get that, especially coming from a game like EQ with a bunch of classic dedicated D&D style caster classes. I guess the new world approach is that no characters innately have magic. Like, they just use an item that enables limited magic abilities. If spell users had a big arsenal of tricks, it would probably cause a lot of balance issues for PvP since all other weapon types have 3 activated cooldown abilities. It's best to think of Life staff/Ice gauntlet/Void gauntlet functionally as an elemental variety of ranged weapon.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not out yet mang.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, they have stated that the cash shop is just cosmetics.
The fall of whatever gaming was, and it was already somewhat shameful to start with.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fall of whatever gaming was, and it was already somewhat shameful to start with.
Agree. I hate cash shops. I'm mostly ok with cosmetic only since it doesn't impact gameplay. When it becomes pay to win, to hell with that. Or things like xp boosters. If people feel they want ro spend real money to avoid actually playing your game, it's a sign your game isn't good.

That said, pretty much every single new online game has a cash shop. So if that's your hard line, you'll probably never play any new game. I like to try lots of new games, so it's something I just put up with.
Last edited by Tethler; 09-07-2021 at 06:07 AM..
Closed Thread