Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By aerobic they mean cardio, and 5 hours a week is a lot. I wonder what % of America can honestly say they are meeting or exceeding those requirements?

The majority of people I talk to who aren’t immediate family (I come from an athletic family), such as friends and co-workers say they exclusively just lift weights

Over time I have kind of adopted the cynical perception that everyone hates cardio and almost no one does it…
I know a lot more irl that do cardio on the daily and have never really touched a barbell. Online you find lots of people into lifting which is nice, though those spaces can get toxic fast.

The 5 hours is moderate intensity, so I think LISS would count. That's 45 mins leisurely biking a day, not too bad- and that's for the top end of the minimum. 150 mins LISS a week is plenty possible. They list HIIT under the vigorous-intensity activities, so I guess it's not really a mix of the two. It's always hard to quantify these things ofc, and even harder to generalize to the population. 75-150 mins of HIIT each week doesn't seem too bad. I've been off work for a few days so managed to get in 3 30 min HIIT sessions, 1 each day for the past bit. Days I work I plan to do 10 or 20 minute HIIT workouts, and then do the 30 or 45 minute ones on days off. 75 minute minimum total very doable.

Here's the full document:
https://health.gov/sites/default/fil...nd_edition.pdf

Interestingly, they suggest people work close to failure when it comes to resistance conditioning. I assume this is likely because people tend to underestimate how much they can really lift and they still want them going heavy enough to produce a real training effect. This is all dumbed down for us gen pop losers.

I think I meet the guidelines now, but went most of my life not meeting them lol.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Bunch of uggos in this thread trying to be beautiful like me, pathetic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-09-2021, 12:03 AM
Banned

I’m sitting here at the gym now and for the life of me I cannot remember what I lifted last upper body day, which was only the day before yesterday. So I don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing today

I need to do less edibles before I go, this is ridiculous…
Old 10-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Interestingly, they suggest people work close to failure when it comes to resistance conditioning. I assume this is likely because people tend to underestimate how much they can really lift and they still want them going heavy enough to produce a real training effect. This is all dumbed down for us gen pop losers.
I not trying to give advice sorry in advance plz don’t hate me…

…but as I get older I prefer to leave a rep or 2 “in the tank” as I call it, each set
Old 10-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bunch of uggos in this thread trying to be beautiful like me, pathetic
This is my target (most aesthetic) physique to beat before Nov 12. This was from a few years ago before a Cali trip

Almost there again and with 2 hour/day workouts and 4 total hours off days I can beat it and again be able to claim best shape of my life. Will post an update towards the deadline prolly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A31692AD-B702-48DE-A521-BC9C6014AFD1.jpg (12.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I not trying to give advice sorry in advance plz don’t hate me…

…but as I get older I prefer to leave a rep or 2 “in the tank” as I call it, each set
thanks for expressing your fear of offending me. it was a wise move, and one you were right to make.

This is one of the many reasons I really like RPE. If you're training near max for every set you're incurring unnecessary fatigue with no real benefit. The last time I trained for strength (as opposed to general health), I was doing like 10x3 @ RPE 7 and made some gains.

I keep things in the 6-9 range.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I walk 20 mins a day and have the body of a Roman emperor.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nero?
Old 10-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Banned

Today I spent mostly in bed. With a mask on because even in a dark room it was too bright.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
basically me.
----------------
i am really bad at maintaining exercise routine, but using novel amusements I have achieved some athletic stuff in my day.

What I'm good at is totally pounding my body all day 4 or 5 days a week. That's the life of leisure I aim to maintain by my lil toga empire. I want to just be in shape by living -- without having to do a chore for it -- and kinda build my schedule around that. That's my rationale anyhow. So I am either in a mode of being very active or fairly sedentary, dependent usually on my employment status. Plus calorie restriction which my personality does automagically for me, and I am historically speaking always pretty amazed at how much strength is still left in me the first time back outdoors after a year riding the gamerchair or wage sybian. I hope that doesn't give in with age. But the feast or famine approach has worked for me, after hard training as a yout.

I'm currently 1.5 years in the gamerchair where I was forced into it by being very sick. That all resolved climactically like 3 days ago. Bam, healthy again, with a lot learned about the GI system. This is my pledge to document that recovery with some sick summit photos. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I've been augmenting with VR and doing a lot of work on machines, so I think I might be okay actually. I am kind of a workaholic even if there aren't 200 steps to be taken in my apartment in the day.

So do I meet the guidelines? nope i'm a full on Warcraft Cartman. but i JUST hit my goal weight so it's remarkably stealthy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 10-09-2021 at 08:17 PM..
Closed Thread