Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2021, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is stupid. Police aren't going out wanting to shoot dogs. Generally speaking they don't want to shoot anybody. They are doing a job that the rest of us don't want to do, and then we spit on them when they make a mistake, while enjoying the protection they provide.

If you have a problem with cops, go become a cop and show them how to do it right.
Don’t call other people stupid ooolooo I genuinely Thai kitchen
Old 10-16-2021, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the new tillry coin made of electrum?
Not sure if you meant SMA Jack Tilley. Challenge coin. Never met the guy in person.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

I was talkkn about that new coin we're going to mint to pay for hot dogs the one trillion dollar one.

That'll be one trilly coin sir, for these goldfish crackers.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talkkn about that new coin we're going to mint to pay for hot dogs the one trillion dollar one.

That'll be one trilly coin sir, for these goldfish crackers.
Oh shit lawl. Well We'll have some trillys up in here soon. I'm ok with it.

They should make it out of some rare hard to manufacture artificially created isotopic molecular crystal tho. With like atomic engraving on it. Do like a really cool gpu wafer.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a problem with the government and it is often immune and shielded from the results of its own mismanagement.

Cops would have it better as individuals under the stated system because they would have better scope. Citizens would be more self reliant and cops would likely be better trained and used less when two neighbors were just being dumb.

Cities and neighborhoods would have to solve their slum problems not just offload it to cops through more hours, extra work load.

I'm talking about holding the city responsible. Not the cops. Cities that can't function should fail and be replaced by those that can solve these problems.

Citizens do not have a "right to a corrupt city " like LA that grinds its cops and citizens to dust for profits for a few elites.
Not just immune and shielded from the results of its own mismanagement, but actively incentivised.

Hard to be a good cop when funding is issued for being bad.

@Ooloo: while not a US city cop, I have some experience in enforcement as an operative for the inland waterways authority so I have got my feet wet, in a sense, with ornery boaters and river pirates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . Didn't shoot any dogs and never did have any luck catching those swans though.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have a problem with cops, go become a cop and show them how to do it right.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

That sounds great in a very DIY kind of way, but go to anyone's workplace, show them how you can do it better and see how well that goes over. It makes even less sense when applied to other occupations. "If you have a problem with prostitutes, go become a prostitute and show them how to do it right."

Yes, it's easy to criticize especially without firsthand experience, but criticism comes with doing anything. People will have a problem with just about anything, thinking that their problem with it is a solution. Sometimes it is at least part of a solution.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds great in a very DIY kind of way, but go to anyone's workplace, show them how you can do it better and see how well that goes over. It makes even less sense when applied to other occupations. "If you have a problem with prostitutes, go become a prostitute and show them how to do it right."

Yes, it's easy to criticize especially without firsthand experience, but criticism comes with doing anything. People will have a problem with just about anything, thinking that their problem with it is a solution. Sometimes it is at least part of a solution.
It’s more to mean that most of America isn’t willing to die doing their job

Police die horribly quite a bit more often than, say, an accountant

It’s more calling America cowards. And I agree
Old 10-17-2021, 09:26 PM
Banned

For example: I remember seeing a video that I can’t find now, of an officer’s dash cam as he pulled over a white guy for drunk driving

Cop walks up, standing in front of the truck window talking to the guy, asks him how much he’s had to drink tonight

“Plenty” is his response

Then in less than 2 seconds, a revolver is leveled out the window at the cop’s face and the trigger is pulled. But the gun jams, or else the drunk perp forgot that chamber was empty. Regardless the cop is saved by grace and returns fire as the man speeds off, killing him

Not only does that situation factor into why most of America would never be a cop, but also why cops are so paranoid because they understand just how fast they can die

Also, btw that man was included in news’ cherry picked statistics of the “thousands of people killed by cops” (the number shrinks down 1000% when it gets trimmed to “un-lawfully killed by cops aka not self defense”)
Old 10-17-2021, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s more to mean that most of America isn’t willing to die doing their job

Police die horribly quite a bit more often than, say, an accountant

It’s more calling America cowards. And I agree
Ah yes, America. A nondescript land of shut-ins, having no conflicts or controversial events to speak of.