Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Aviak

Just think you wait you 60 days till your guilds turn in ToV. Then your wife calls, she got a flat tire picking little Billy up from karate and you have to go help her change a tire.
Meow you get to wait another what.. 2-3 months till you get a chance to try it again?
And god help you if you want Dozekar loot! we are talking a year if not more depending on drops and if you win.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bank of Aftermath gonna be selling green scales for 2.5 million plat soon

take note non epic warriors
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=316687

new rules takes its first warrior victim
Old 02-05-2019, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the worst changes I can imagine. I'm approaching 60 and considering guilds, now I'd rather not and feel sort of robbed.

If I wanted to clock-in for raids like a shift-worker I'd play the festering pile of instanced excrement known as WoW.
I understand if what you were mostly looking for was decking your char out in ToV gear because of the way the server's been for a while you could always "just" app for one of the 2-3 guilds that did ToV and eventually have enough dkp to buy the loot you wanted.
This pretty radically changes that.

But I guess cynics will say that it's not a humanrights issue to have access to ToV every week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by commongood; 02-05-2019 at 06:14 AM..
Old 02-05-2019, 06:19 AM
Sarnak

The tears are from the few and the vocal. The majority of us are glad to be able to pew pew dragons in tov once every few months. Killing them was never the issue; dealing with the cluster f that tov has become was.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:48 AM
Kobold

I don't understand it. AG, AM and us (Core/BG) were on good terms with no massive lawyer questing in sight as in past times. Last week's ToV was about the cleanest for long with no shitshow at all.

Now you better take vacation for your ToV slot every 9 weeks, not very casual friendly imo.

The non-ToV raid targets will turn into ToV like competitions now. This is a loose-for-all situation - not only for top guilds - and will hurt casual guilds too if not even more, for the price of ToV every 9 weeks.

Edit: Not saying it's a god given right only 3 guilds are allowed to do ToV, I was referring to staff's comment that guilds pile up in ToV and train each other...

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Last edited by Tortok; 02-05-2019 at 06:52 AM..
Old 02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Guilds should have to Guild Battle (with even # of players and equipment) for weekly rights to PvE content, and if they wipe on the content, then it should immediately become open to anyone else who wants to do it.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
My guild was called Black Company, the other was called Enlightened Dark.
Ah, decent EQ guild names.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

This is a poor solution to a real problem. Very lame and carebeary, cringing hard @ who ever came up with this.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is absolutely true that WoW literally buried the original EQ in subscribers because literally everyone could raid. Those of us that did make the cut in EQ called it "EQ Lite" for many of the same reasons you list.
I was in a small family guild on BB server, its true, unless you were in the three top guilds you didn't see anything. It's one of the reasons I wanted to come back to EQ, a second chance to see all I missed. Just recently got to see VP for the first time. WoW helped establish the idea of "if you buy the game and pay a sub fee, you should be able to raid." and this was backed up by the playerbase on messageboards "I bought the game I am entitled to see all of the content".

It didn't feel L33T/Uber in year 2000 terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This idea that raiding was ultra competitive on Everquest live during it's original release is complete fiction. What P99 has become may appeal to some, but it certainly isn't the game being played in any way like it was ever intended.
I can't really speak on that from experience. I only remember Ring of Valor and Arch Overseers (decent guild names) getting into some drama a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
carebeary
Blue server

The only way to keep it L33T and tight like people remember is wiping the servers every 3-6 months. Release all three expansions at the same time and let the super dedicated get their server firsts, when most of us get 60 (because we are lame) then its time to wipe again, this will keep the L33T intact. I will not be playing because EQ requires that much time for a player like myself to get L33T, which defeats the purpose of L33T.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 02-05-2019 at 07:57 AM..
Old 02-05-2019, 08:11 AM
Large Bat

PRAS BRAKNAR!
Closed Thread