Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Orc

Default Give the people what they want! Luclin!

The people demand justice, they demand the Snake Temple and Fungus grove.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Devs are on record that they don't consider anything past Velious to be "classic" EQ. I'd personally love to go to PoP, but the reality of the situation is that it's not going to ever happen on p99.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Large Bat

I don't want Luclin. I quit during SoL on live.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devs are on record that they don't consider anything past Velious to be "classic" EQ. I'd personally love to go to PoP, but the reality of the situation is that it's not going to ever happen on p99.
Is that a joke? I don't really want Luclin or anything but this is the most custom server I've ever seen the only thing classic about it is the name.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that a joke? I don't really want Luclin or anything but this is the most custom server I've ever seen the only thing classic about it is the name.
Yeah, I don't agree with everything they have chosen to do over the years either. But ultimately, it's their sandbox and they do what they want for whatever reasons they want. It's not perfect, but it checks a good portion of the boxes I look for while maintaining a stable population.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I don't agree with everything they have chosen to do over the years either. But ultimately, it's their sandbox and they do what they want for whatever reasons they want. It's not perfect, but it checks a good portion of the boxes I look for while maintaining a stable population.
I agree and while sometimes I initially don't agree with decisions they make, after I see the effects I usually get it. My 1st part about it being a joke was kind of serious I couldn't tell if you were being tongue in cheek or not.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

pass. we are already well past our quota of giant pussies on p99.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Outstanding pun! Move thread to resolved.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-30-2022, 03:04 AM
Aviak

While I too would want to see more expansions like SoL, PoP, LDoN LoY and such... I dont think the majority would want that? But did anyone stop and think maybe the legal agreement that was made woudn't allow them to go beyond Velious?
Old 05-30-2022, 03:18 AM
Kobold

The main reasons people hate SoL is because of the graphics upgrade combined with their declining interest resulting in their eventual evacuation to WoW. I think that launched during OoW? I know that seems like a long time after but remember how quickly they chucked out Xpacs back then. I personally recall quitting EQ and just reading books until WoW came out. That was also the last time I read a book. I mean I enjoyed Mercedes Lackey's books but there's only so much time one can dedicate to entertainment and apparently Disney's dogshit is more important to me. Alright, I don't have an excuse for that one.

Anyway, SoL isn't much different from the rest of the game. It's PoP that heavily changes the game with the effective removal of druids/wizards via teleport books in every other zone, but SoL did add KeI and SoE I believe. Big mistakes, but ones that were exacerbated heavily by the PoP books resulting in easy access buff-hubs for 3 hour long remote powerlevels. Without PoP the buffs are still OP but there's not a literal economy based around buffing people. Also that could be removed by the anti-classic inability to group buff low levels. Which I'd be for. Just saying.

I'd enjoy it, but it's their emu so I can hardly complain about what the people want.
Last edited by Keza; 05-30-2022 at 03:21 AM..