Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“So and so is a faggot.”
i swear i remember this rant
Old 01-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose one that I found dumb on p99 was <Super Friends> and I had a pal in this guild, by all accounts it was an awesome guild in it's prime too. I just found the name really juvenile sounding.

I am not fond of <The Second Sons> because of it's direct ripping from GoT.

<Dawn Believers> is highly unimaginative to me.

Now that I think of it, all the low tier guilds have rather blah names.

Newest one I seen is <Corrupted Souls> and I am not fond of that one either.

The best guild names actually seem to be on the top tier raid guilds on the server. I think <Aftermath> and <Awakened> both are cool names.

<Asgard> was a cool name.

Basically all the noob guilds on P99 have crappy or at best average names.
Begs the question: Are guild names only bad when they are full of noobs? If Aftermath or Awakened with their current rosters was called Dawn Believers or Corrupted Souls, would it be more appealing because they were taking out top end content consistently?
Old 01-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Begs the question: Are guild names only bad when they are full of noobs? If Aftermath or Awakened with their current rosters was called Dawn Believers or Corrupted Souls, would it be more appealing because they were taking out top end content consistently?
1/10 jake. Gonna need you to increase drug intake.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1/10 jake. Gonna need you to increase drug intake.
Yeah i've been leveled off this week while I do some home improvement stuff. Back to the grind next week so i'll double the intake
Old 01-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i've been leveled off this week while I do some home improvement stuff. Back to the grind next week so i'll double the intake
We all appreciate your dedication to excellence.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

<Europa> is pretty bad, talk about stating the obvious.

and then there is <Europa Agnarr>, what were they thinking!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

<Shinko>

Hands down worst in p99 history.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's actually a valid thought and I have had it myself before...

With that in mind, I don't think <Kittens Who Say Meow> would ever sound awesomely badass even if they were on top of the server.

And... I have thought to myself when seeing a noob guild with a cool name that they had a cool guild name.

Answering your question, I do not think conquering a server makes the guild name sound much better.

Personally I like Aftermath, Awakened, Asgard, Inglourious Basterds (even though it was ripped from a great movie it still aesthetically appealed to my eyes).

On the PVP servers I recall <Raging Rainbows>, <I Like Pie>, <Nine Daggers of Death>, <Flowers of Happiness>, <Ruin>, <Black Crown>, <Nine> which had some gnome rogue named Herb that kicked everyone's ass, <Curse> only PVP guild on Zek that player killed anybody and said fuck anti-PVP guilds/players, <Destiny of Zek> which had a bard named Sadko and some cunt barb shaman that lead DOZ, <Black Prophecy>, <Tides of Wrath>, and that's all that came to me just now that was so many years ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Asgard> was a cool name.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

aftermath both most despicable in name choice but also in actions/reputation
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread