Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Seriously that not classic argument has no merit now because blue still has pet Windows. P99 is selectively classic about things when enough people complain about it

Normally I’m fine with anything the staff does but this was dumb. Save this stuff for green.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously that not classic argument has no merit now because blue still has pet Windows. P99 is selectively classic about things when enough people complain about it

Normally I’m fine with anything the staff does but this was dumb. Save this stuff for green.
Quote:
Q18: Where can I deposit my tears?
A: As always, your tears and crying are important to us; for without you we couldn't possibly run things around here.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agreed, if it was like this from the beginning I might not have played a necro as a main. Guess I'll join the mage legion on green. lol
Old 10-25-2019, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Still waiting for the change button in bank to dissapear as well. Not classic.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still waiting for the change button in bank to dissapear as well. Not classic.
that's not on green
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe you guys should request a refund
Old 10-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Ya’ll need classic Jesus.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

He explained that the pet window was so close to the late velious era that he was willing to compromise and leave it in, but extra hotbars were too far out from era to be acceptable. This timeframe is similarly too far away from the blue era to remain included.

Of the three, this is easily the least egregious. You really don't need this. Pay attention to when the spell wears off, its not hard to know if the target is feared or rooted for full damage, so many people are using GINA for worn off messages on top of it. Really a petty complaint, I get that we are used to having it but its hardly even QoL its a very minor feature.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He explained that the pet window was so close to the late velious era that he was willing to compromise and leave it in, but extra hotbars were too far out from era to be acceptable. This timeframe is similarly too far away from the blue era to remain included.

Of the three, this is easily the least egregious. You really don't need this. Pay attention to when the spell wears off, its not hard to know if the target is feared or rooted for full damage, so many people are using GINA for worn off messages on top of it. Really a petty complaint, I get that we are used to having it but its hardly even QoL its a very minor feature.
So if something is within X amount of time of being classic then it should be allowed to stay? What’s the maximum amount of time that can pass?

That’s a stupid argument, the reality is just enough people complained about it. Wasn’t about the convenience of dot timing. It was about physically seeing the damage. Would you want melee dmg to not be displayed? Would you want nuke damage to not be displayed?

I get that it’s not classic but the staff has clearly made exceptions for other things. I’d take dot damage displaying over pet Windows and Hotbars. Basically killed any enjoyment that casting dots or dot procs provided.

Keep the classic shit on green and just do selectively classic on blue.
Last edited by Crede; 10-25-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Basically killed any enjoyment that root rotting or dot procs provided.
Your enjoyment of root rotting came solely from watching the yellow numbers scroll by?
Closed Thread