Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were added in May 1999. That's two months.

It'll be ok guy.
Yes, late May at that.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally, in actual vanilla classic, research skill was busted. In other words, it was IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a pet post 20 for 2.5 months in EQ. You are lucky they chose to have research actually working at these levels.
Yeah, a big part of the hue and cry for pet spells to be on vendors was because research components were RARE, like 3x more rare than they are now, and half the recipes were simply broken.

It was easier to add those to vendors as a quick fix than to iron out all the bugs I imagine. They didn't fully fix research recipes until like September.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

All of the highest level characters are magicians. I think they are fine...
Old 10-29-2019, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean a magician was 2nd to level 30 and only by like 20 minutes so I hardly see how they are suffering...
Wait until next time around (on Green 2.0) when mage pets won't be able to cast spells. On Green 1.0 they cast spells now. That got added in on the late May patch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 07:05 AM
Kobold

To be fair, the mage in the lead has been completely carried. They didn't even get the stuff for 24 pet until 31.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, the mage in the lead has been completely carried. They didn't even get the stuff for 24 pet until 31.
I figured this was the case lol. Sucks that a few people seem to be deadset on ruining a class for everyone else.

Skilling up research, finding the right mats, and praying your combine doesn’t fail is a truly shity experience. Having to do it just to use the main tool of a class is nonsense.
Last edited by Hagglebaron; 10-29-2019 at 07:14 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured this was the case lol. Sucks that a few people seem to be deadset on killing a class for everyone else.
This was exactly how it was in real 1999. Our highest mage was in Fires of Heaven (on Veeshan server). He was level 28 using the level 20 pet at the time. He was always in a guild group. Me and him were top mages. I was 24.

This was when I decided to roll a druid, lol...I wasn't in a guild and my groups sucked at the time, lol.

PS: at the time I did not know when they would add that pet vendor or fix research...had i known the pet vendor would have been in soon I would have stuck with the mage...none the less the mage was super fun 1-24...i just didnt get the advantage the FOH guy got with good groups lol. Old school classic groups sucked butt...nobody knew how to taunt or pull good.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skilling up research, finding the right mats, and praying your combine doesn’t fail is a truly shity experience.
So what though, you could say the same thing about every experience in EQ. Waiting 2 hours to find a group and then dying on the first pull is a shitty experience too but that's classic EQ and there's a reason why we keep coming back to it.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I figured this was the case lol. Sucks that a few people seem to be deadset on ruining a class for everyone else.

Skilling up research, finding the right mats, and praying your combine doesn’t fail is a truly shity experience. Having to do it just to use the main tool of a class is nonsense.
You have to realize this was Brad's vision of the class at the time. He later enhanced the class. You can't deny this. You are playing the game now exactly how Brad envisioned it for this era.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of people need to make peace with the fact that the reason classic EQ was so rewarding was because it was so unforgiving. The pleasure and pain are intertwined. Just roll with it.
Closed Thread