Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and they changed it once they realized it was an absolutely terrible design decision. And I’m speaking as someone who doesn’t play a Mage and has zero interest in playing one, and it’s still a terrible design
^ is irrelevant though. We are not debating what should have been done or should not have. We will NEVER know. All we know is WHEN stuff got changed. This is a classic emu emulating those dates.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit arguing pointless semantics. Once they realized the class as originally designed was terrible design, they fixed it and, when they felt those fixes weren’t sufficient, made more changes.
So? This is for every, single patch made in EQ...lol...are you saying manastone shouldn't even be in the game since they removed them? Maybe jboots shouldn't be dropping in Najena now since they changed it to be a quest. You can apply this to every, single patch made in EQ bud.

Oh and btw, it's you guys arguing the point, not me.
Last edited by skorge; 10-31-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ is irrelevant though. We are not debating what should have been done or should not have. We will NEVER know. All we know is WHEN stuff got changed. This is a classic emu emulating those dates.
Okay, so how do you feel about all the non-classic aspects of the server? Are you okay with those? Or should things like pets not taking any EXP be in on day 1 to mirror classic launch?
Old 10-31-2019, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true bud. 71 days is not as fast as they could. They made "enhancements" to the class during this patch which added the ability for pets to cast spells, and in the process they added 1 pet to the vendor in OOT.

As fast as they could would be like the day 2 rogue patch where rogues had like no abilities on launch day and was patched in super fast...
1998 isnt 2019, first 3d mmo, wasnt patched so easily
Old 10-31-2019, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Classic had no exp penalty for pets
Old 10-31-2019, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot, no words drops. All necro words. we do 20hour camps with no drops.
Learn what it takes to research as a mage you will understand.
Buutt nnnnooooo dude it's "just a couple research pages" you lazy fucking overpowered Mage! My Enchanter has to research one slow two roots and SEVERAL debuffs!

(/s)
Old 10-31-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1998 isnt 2019, first 3d mmo, wasnt patched so easily
Did you even play on launch day? The game was actually patched several times in the first week...not sure how you can come on these forums and debate something when you know NOTHING about classic launch.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages who stick it out will be glad they did once they see those focused level 49 pets in action.
I mean yea, we all know how great Mage pets are during Classic! On the other hand, they're nowhere NEAR as strong an Enchanter's charmed pet in Classic, let alone onwards!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Did you even play on launch day? The game was actually patched several times in the first week...not sure how you can come on these forums and debate something when you know NOTHING about classic launch.
Are you going to answer my question about the non-classic nature of multiple things on the server?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:04 PM
Kobold

I loved researching my spells on blue. I would go to the zones that had the pages, farm it, and bam. What's the problem?
Closed Thread