Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t like this argument because you can distill the entire game down to “stupid pixel trinkets on an emulated server.” Almost everything we do in EQ boils down to camping mobs for prolonged periods of time for pixels. The manastone camp is absolutely no different. If this isn’t your thing then you’re playing the wrong game. I just finished killing Hasten and other PHs over and over for 12 hours and my payoff was far less than a manastone.
The manastone camp absolutely is different because the only way it's conceivable for you to obtain said item is by staying awake for 48+ hours while clicking a checkbox on your screen every 10 minutes... There's no way for you to "luck" your way into getting it the way you can just zone into RM and find Hasten up, or wander into a named mob uncamped and get an item. There's an element of luck and RNG to almost every other camp in this game. It took me about 60 hours camping Pained Soul to get my VP key, that's likely longer than it will take any one person to get a Manastone, but I did it over the course of 3 (still excruciating) sessions and got some god damned sleep in between because it wasn't a perma-camped /list mob with a revolving door of yayhoos sharing accounts that were immune to the human body's need for sleep

edit: that's all not even to mention the fact that all those other items won't stop dropping in the game in a few months. The element of finality of the manastone dropping in the game and the rush to get one while you still can is also adding to the fervor, so again I absolutely think this camp is different than any other camp you can think of in the game and it's a perfect storm to hurt players

Plush Bufnstuf
Last edited by LiQuid; 11-11-2019 at 11:33 PM..
Old 11-12-2019, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The manastone camp absolutely is different because the only way it's conceivable for you to obtain said item is by staying awake for 48+ hours while clicking a checkbox on your screen every 10 minutes... There's no way for you to "luck" your way into getting it the way you can just zone into RM and find Hasten up, or wander into a named mob uncamped and get an item. There's an element of luck and RNG to almost every other camp in this game. It took me about 60 hours camping Pained Soul to get my VP key, that's likely longer than it will take any one person to get a Manastone, but I did it over the course of 3 (still excruciating) sessions and got some god damned sleep in between because it wasn't a perma-camped /list mob with a revolving door of yayhoos sharing accounts that were immune to the human body's need for sleep

edit: that's all not even to mention the fact that all those other items won't stop dropping in the game in a few months. The element of finality of the manastone dropping in the game and the rush to get one while you still can is also adding to the fervor, so again I absolutely think this camp is different than any other camp you can think of in the game and it's a perfect storm to hurt players
The only thing causing that is the /list system. Instead of calling for free manastones for everyone you should be calling for the removal of /list.

Also, do you have any proof that anyone who has looted a manastone has been up for 48 hours? I don't think it has even gotten to the 24 hour mark from what I've seen.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Had a guild mate today that had been there for 21 hours before I went to dinner... they were still there after dinner. So I’m guessing about 23 hours or more. I didn’t follow up any later than that. Hopefully they got it !
Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing causing that is the /list system. Instead of calling for free manastones for everyone you should be calling for the removal of /list.

Also, do you have any proof that anyone who has looted a manastone has been up for 48 hours? I don't think it has even gotten to the 24 hour mark from what I've seen.
At this point you would consider yourself lucky to get a manastone in 48 hours.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

i read like one post, anyway good try on /list but it's time to crank the drop rate up to 11 and cure the sickness
Old 11-12-2019, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

My friend went 44 hours and was #2 on the list. He fell asleep on his keyboard and got booted from the list.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My friend went 44 hours and was #2 on the list. He fell asleep on his keyboard and got booted from the list.
Your friend is a moron for staying up for that long. Hell, I’m a moron for staying up 1/4 as long to camp anything.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

Wew, this thread blew up fast. Can someone remind me if we still not talking about teal?

quietly clicks manastone earned after just 4 or 5 hours in camp while playing peggle[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

From what people are saying from Teal about manastone drop rates, it really is sounding like Green just has awful luck. There were people saying 4 manastones dropped on teal yesterday, and Green has gone over 24 hours without a manastone drop at this point.

Getting a manastone on Green at the moment in under 40 hours would require some good luck, #1 on the list has been here over 50 hours, #2 has been here roughly 48 hours, #3 has been here 40 hours, so it would require a really lucky stretch of drops to be able to get one in under 40 hours.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

Imagine being 40, overweight, diabetic, underemployed, and being EXTREMELY UPSET at how often a mystical mana globe appears on disposable elf world #262678
Closed Thread