Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Default 70-75 MR needed for Godmode status. Let the group pvp where no ever dies begin!

The thread title is just to bring some attention to this thread lool even if it's true!!

Welcome to 5 minutes of testing the new resists. It's not really an extensive test but I don't really think you need one, it's pretty obvious how it's gonna work out in the end.

I was worried that everyone grouped with a Bard would merge into GOD MODE status. But all it takes is 70-75 MR and 1x Buff from a Ench/Shaman/Druid or Cleric.

Here is a picture from my little 5 minute test. Test is made with unbuffed MR of 74-75 + Ench MR buff

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I'd say it's a good thing for me since I almost only solo PVP and then I don't use CC abilities and this system will keep me 100% safe from any zerg attacking me. I'll basically be a God Mode Wizard 1-2 days into level 50 that never ever dies unless I decided to man up and risk dying.

Also Wizard stuns just became 100% useless since they actually cost a lot of mana compared to Paladin/Cleric stuns. There is no way any Wizard with a brain would ever use a 200 mana stun that last for 1 second and basically always get resisted. (It's not like you can stun someone and land a nuke after the stun. You're more likely to hit a bigger nuke if you cast it instantly instead of stunning. Using stuns for interrupts will be useless as well since you'll have greater success just spammin a big nuke instead on average. Actually way greater results since stun doesn't last for shit anyway if they actually hit once a year.)

This is not a whine post! If this is the system people want then that's fine with me! I will enjoy it and embrace it! The only sad part for me is that I won't get that scared feeling that you can get when you know several people are coming for you. Now I know I'll be safe no matter what comes around the corner.

Anyway!

A system like this is fine with me, not my ideal system but it's fine since ill be stronger in 1v1. What do you guys think Good or Bad?
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Last edited by Lovely; 11-13-2011 at 10:02 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

at 70 mr you should resist about 65% or something right? looks like you got incredi-lucky or null has dun goofd?
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

During the testing we had enchanter buff on. Just pointing out that you just need 70-75 MR with 1x buff to be this unaffected by any CC.

70-75 MR you can get by spending like half a day at level 50 farming a few shitty MR parts. Most people will have these resists WAY WAY before they reach level 50. Personally I enjoy the CC factor in pvp it makes it a lot more challenging for everyone, aka more things to worry about. All you have to worry about now is running oor when people cast big 5.5-7 second cast spells. Something that is extremely simple.
Quote:
Last edited by Lovely; 11-13-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

sounds like you're whining to me.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like you're whining to me.
I'm totally fine with it and I'm not gonna argue with people that think it's the best system. I just prefer to be challenged now and then. It's just less fun and less challenging at level 50 when you know you'll almost never die unless you risk it on purpose.
Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Banned

cropped SS

PS live like
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

i just made my decision

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

from the ashes on 11/18/2011
Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Let's see, one ice comet does 70% a monk's HP bar and lands for full basically every time. Yea, that sure is god mode status Lovely. OH NO, the melees aren't getting perma rooted, maybe they will actually get to hit someone once before being nuked to death by zergs of mages and wizards everywhere.

If your class almost dies to one single nuke and has 0 range attack, you better fucking believe root shouldn't land. Anyone claiming it should is a complete moron.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

Lovely thinks hes going to make level 50, or have ice comet.

heheh..."godmode status"...hahahahaha.

Nuke this thread and Nuke Wehrmacht while you're at it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

There's quite a big difference between being perma-rooted and being entirely immune to it.

Those results from testing 74 MR look way different from what's posted by Null regarding the resist system for Red99.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread