Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So convincing poeple to try the game you said... "Heres a cool story about an everquest experience you will never have, come try it out!" They ate it up and they also wanted to join the mass of players who never get to experience this. Fascinating.
You miss the point. The cool and intriguing part to them (and to me and alot of other people)wasnt that they could necessarily kill sleeper, it was that in the magical world of Everquest there were event type of mobs that differed from your average run-of-the-mill mobs and a lore based event would trigger only one possible time.

The key word here is one possible time. If you start just spawning sleeper you make him just another raid mob and all of that"epicness" that Loramin calls it is essentially ruined.

Sleeper is SUPPOSED to spawn only ONCE that's the whole damn point. All this talk of respawning him is the same type of talk that eventually killed Everquest in later expansions. Turning a 'world within a world' into just another computer game.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-12-2019, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You miss the point. The cool and intriguing part to them (and to me and alot of other people)wasnt that they could necessarily kill sleeper, it was that in the magical world of Everquest there were event type of mobs that differed from your average run-of-the-mill mobs and a lore based event would trigger only one possible time.

The key word here is one possible time. If you start just spawning sleeper you make him just another raid mob and all of that"epicness" that Loramin calls it is essentially ruined.

Sleeper is SUPPOSED to spawn only ONCE that's the whole damn point. All this talk of respawning him is the same type of talk that eventually killed Everquest in later expansions. Turning a 'world within a world' into just another computer game.
Wasn't there an expansion about what Kerafym did after he woke up?

Recaging The Sleeper is one hell of a plot hook, but let's be honest, we need to take a note from the deep magic of Narnia here; things never happen the same way twice. I.e if you do manage to put Kerafym back to sleep, it's sure as hell not going to be via some 4 warder system like in sleepers tomb.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:08 AM
Banned

OP.

The sleeper is not dead.

The warders are dead.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

Do you know the amount of work reseting the sleeper would bring? We can't even have quakes like we should.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you read that as me thinking the others I listed have warder loot and that I too want warder loot?

Sorry you don't have smart.
Sorry you don't have warder loot
Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

we going to do it again on green

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you don't have warder loot
Is Ripgimpster still rocking?
Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big difference between P99 and actual live servers is that Velious didn't last for 4 years with no end in sight on live servers. Having some of the most valuable raid targets on the box be perma-dead is kind of dumb.
this is what you signed up for though. You signed up for velious and autistically scream about Luclin ruining the game. If anything be mad at the people who woke the sleeper.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Ripgimpster still rocking?
Haha nah I changed it, roll tide gimp
Old 07-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we going to do it again on green
Can't wait until they wake him on patch day just for the lulz.
Closed Thread