Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Default I’d love a Purple99 server!

Probably my all time favorite time period during live was when the Firiona Vie server dropped. Trivial Loot Code, no common tongue, no NO DROP items, evils and goods couldn’t group, and probably my favorite part: Only one toon per account.

It would probably be impossible to create an emu server like this, because accounts are free, so the one character per player idea, which to me was the most interesting thing about the server, would be impossible to implement. That being said, I’d LOVE to have a p99 server like this. I’d love to hear your stories about the early days of FV, as it was definitely the most fun, and probably most nostalgic part of my gaming past.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably my all time favorite time period during live was when the Firiona Vie server dropped. Trivial Loot Code, no common tongue, no NO DROP items, evils and goods couldn’t group, and probably my favorite part: Only one toon per account.

It would probably be impossible to create an emu server like this, because accounts are free, so the one character per player idea, which to me was the most interesting thing about the server, would be impossible to implement. That being said, I’d LOVE to have a p99 server like this. I’d love to hear your stories about the early days of FV, as it was definitely the most fun, and probably most nostalgic part of my gaming past.
I would also love this!!

I think they could make it so you had to register a single account to a single IP address? I'm not super savvy with coding and proxies and all that jazz so I could be wrong on that.
Yeah I'd totally play on it. I think it would be cool to make it PVP as well, just to get that full on RP feeling! epic battles and wars with other people! maybe no item loot but just coin.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also love this!!

I think they could make it so you had to register a single account to a single IP address? I'm not super savvy with coding and proxies and all that jazz so I could be wrong on that.
Yeah I'd totally play on it. I think it would be cool to make it PVP as well, just to get that full on RP feeling! epic battles and wars with other people! maybe no item loot but just coin.
Anyone with a VPN gets a new IP every time they join it. Unfortunately solving "who is a unique person" on the Internet is a hard problem (especially when you can't charge).

That being said, I've always thought EQ PvP needed teams. Without teams there's no way to constructively channel that griefer energy.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Oh this would be fun to implement. You would do two checks during the login process. First is check the ip to make sure it’s unique, and second check the MAC address for each computer that’s connecting. P99 already does this so it’s not difficult to include. The rest would be adjusting the rules variables in the MySQL database and then Perl scripting. Very enjoyable if you’re into these kinds of things, I know I do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by daxchunjae1912; 07-12-2019 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Orc

the only Purple99 IMHO is a TEAMS SERVER or Green 99 PVP server.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Teams pvp with fv ruleset!

I'd play that over green 99 and i don't really even like pvp.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxchunjae1912 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh this would be fun to implement. You would do two checks during the login process. First is check the ip to make sure it’s unique, and second check the MAC address for each computer that’s connecting. P99 already does this so it’s not difficult to include. The rest would be adjusting the rules variables in the MySQL database and then Perl scripting. Very enjoyable if you’re into these kinds of things, I know I do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MAC addresses are easily spoofed and VPNs provide unlimited IPs. Loramin is exactly right, solving the problem of a "unique person" is a problem that p99 doesn't have the wherewithal to solve.

I agree though, it does sound like a fun project to work on from a coding perspective.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...no NO DROP items...
How'd that work exactly? Does this mean you could sell class specific planes/thurg armor? Hell pre-nerf guise would be sellable, which would be rough.

Quote:
...evils and goods couldn’t group...
This seems interesting... what constitutes a good? Seems like there'd be a shortage of evil healers to go around and maybe a shortage of good shamans.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Id be so down for this... what would I make would be the question.. Ogre Shaman, Gnome Mage or Hafling Cleric
Old 07-12-2019, 06:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How'd that work exactly? Does this mean you could sell class specific planes/thurg armor? Hell pre-nerf guise would be sellable, which would be rough.

This seems interesting... what constitutes a good? Seems like there'd be a shortage of evil healers to go around and maybe a shortage of good shamans.
I never played on FV but I did play on Sullon Zek and there it was determined by your deity. Evil deities were Bertox, Cazic, Innoruuk and Rallos Zek. Tunare, both Marrs and Rodcet Nife were the good deities. All the others were neutral. There were plenty of good shaman, they were just all barbs. They made a few changes too like allowing bards to worship Rallos Zek so the evil team could have bards.

The server was a lot of fun and I miss those days. I would love if they brought that back to life.
Closed Thread