Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

On Mac server I would pull Tormax towards EW zone and either zone or Egress (usually the later to save myself another zoning). I would get back and be able to tag Tormax before he got to the 2 guards at the entrance to his castle which see invis.

Pull him to WL zone. About 3~ minutes later his 2 pet/linked friends would stroll in and auto aggro the rogues/wizards who were at the back of the raid.

They will just walk to Tormax slowly if they are not engaged while he is engaged. Then they will proxy aggro anyone they come across while they slowly stroll to wherever Tormax is.

I could've sworn there were more than the 2 at his dragon skull. I thought it was those and then 2 more from the rooms behind him that would path in at some interval. But damn it's been awhile, and as I said very few people actually killed him in that room.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

There was definitely some funky pathing with his guards on live back in the day, but I'm not convinced he was linked.

Did anyone ever offer supporting evidence of the linking?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I know for sure there is some link they have with Tormax. Like Daldaen mentioned, they would slowly path down to Tormax when you fight him at the zone line, however I usually was able to unlink them with weird pulling tricks and not have to worry about them (I'm not sure if it bugged easily, or if there was a distance component to the tether). I'll try to do some digging or check out Tormax on live.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I will find some evidence. I know they were linked on Mac for sure.

Allakhazam 2002

Quote:
Tormax's pets can be pulled separetly, but Tormax can't be pulled without his pets. Thus, pull the pets first and kill them. Then you can get Tormax solo. Tormax and pets at the same time is a bad idea. You will have to have your FD pullers work this spawn a bit. It's a hard split, but it can be done.
There was mention about having a snare team Malo/Tash and Ensnare the 2 guards. Because the link mechanic caused them to "walk" to Tormax, they would effectively be rooted in place once the snare team zones off. Which seems logical.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Currently you have to kill Vindicator's 2 guards before you can pull Vindicator himself. I definitely remember on live monks would split him from the guards and it wasn't required to kill them. Is this mechanic changed at some point during Velious, or does P99 have it wrong?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently you have to kill Vindicator's 2 guards before you can pull Vindicator himself. I definitely remember on live monks would split him from the guards and it wasn't required to kill them. Is this mechanic changed at some point during Velious, or does P99 have it wrong?
There is conflicting information on this.

They are aggro linked, but I know it was possible to split them. I'm unsure if what they did to split them was legit or some pathing exploit that looped the mobs in place.

It was usually just easier to pull those separately and kill them first.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Kobold

Vindi was split by getting his pets stuck in the ice wall. You would wait until he wanders closest to the icewall and tag him, lead him around the corner and run him straight out. The pets would then agro and try to run straight to him, where they would get stuck in the icewall. If someone agros Vindi then the pets will follow him around making it much harder to split.

I doubt that works here though because pathing and all that is different.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, the trick was always either splitting Vindi's pets or Vindi far enough from one another and the tether would no longer work (I'm pretty sure there is a distance check when the tether is called, meaning you need someone to re-tag once you have them split far enough). If you aggro Vindi so his pets are hugging him, it's easier to split his pets first.

I'll try to hop on live tomorrow and post a FRAPS explaining how this works. I believe Kael is relatively untouched in terms of aggro and pull mechanics.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=896

Quote:
That's the answer. You can split the guards from Vindi by getting the guards far enough away from Vindi that he won't come to their aid. But they are linked, and that's why any pets that are engage the guards need to a /pet back off afterwards or else they'll engage him on incoming.
Basically the way it was done was by getting them stuck in geometry, or by tagging all 3 with an FD class and running south, then tagging Vindi and running north. Once the guards and Vindi are far enough separated the posts claim they won't follow. But generally this pull takes longer than it would take for most guilds to kite all 3 and peel -> kill the guards 1 by 1.

I'm sure on this server it will just be a kitefest, see CT.

Tormax however the mobs would path regardless of where he was in zone.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Should get some information on how the tethering is supposed to work. I assume this is the same mechanic that Sir Lucan and Brother Jentry have in Freeport. I've rooted Brother Jentry and pulled Lucan to the EFP zoneline, zoned back to engage Lucan and Brother Jentry would come running again all the way from the militia house.

When we did Vindi on live it seemed like splitting him from the guards was just something monks were expected to know, and it didn't really take that long. Set up the raid in the cubby and a monk would bring Vindicator sans guards. I didn't play a monk though.