Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wipe won't do a damned thing. It's nothing but fantasy. People want items that aren't around anymore (manastones etc), and a fair chance to get them. The problem is, this server was anything but classic in terms of people back when it launched. Even with a max pop of 100 people (maybe 200?), every important camp was camped. Players just know everything about the game.

I remember the headache this server was when it launched with camps. And that was with 100 or so players at a time. Let's make that a thousand or so, in classic with everyone knowing what they need to hit to be "special" with items that will get removed/nerfed. It would be a giant cluster fuck.

I'm sorry that people weren't part of this server during classic launch. But it is what it is. The end game raiders now, if the server wiped, would still race to the end and dominate. The "lucrative" camps would be perma-camped 24/7. At least when the server had a low pop. people not completely "in the loop" still had a chance. Hell the only reason I have a pre-nerf guise is because I was "kinda" in the loop but not completely. It was a different time. Wiping the server and starting it from pure classic now would just be a mess.

Love the server for what it is. If you weren't part of it back in 2009, I'm sorry. But a wipe would be a even bigger headache than what this server is today.
I think I tend to agree with you. I don't think wiping would help or change much for long. I know this won't happen but I would love to see them add Luclin to blue and then start up a fresh version of "classic". Those that really want the wiped clean version of classic can go there and those that want to "progress" more could stay here and those that want to dabble in both could do that as well.

It might also have the side benefit of minimizing what you are talking about because people would have to mostly decide which server to focus on and when that happens it means more stuff/camps/raid targets/whatever for other people. It could potentially have the downside of splitting the community in a bad way but it might also bring in more people that would alleviate that to some degree.

Luclin maybe wasn't "classic" per se and I didn't love all of Luclin but it did add a lot of good stuff to the game and it would open up so much more content for people to focus on.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server wipe red maybe, no one plays there, it needs fresh blood
They should just shut it down. Do the 40 people on there a favor and force them to find more constructive things.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wipe won't do a damned thing. It's nothing but fantasy. People want items that aren't around anymore (manastones etc), and a fair chance to get them. The problem is, this server was anything but classic in terms of people back when it launched. Even with a max pop of 100 people (maybe 200?), every important camp was camped. Players just know everything about the game.

I remember the headache this server was when it launched with camps. And that was with 100 or so players at a time. Let's make that a thousand or so, in classic with everyone knowing what they need to hit to be "special" with items that will get removed/nerfed. It would be a giant cluster fuck.

I'm sorry that people weren't part of this server during classic launch. But it is what it is. The end game raiders now, if the server wiped, would still race to the end and dominate. The "lucrative" camps would be perma-camped 24/7. At least when the server had a low pop. people not completely "in the loop" still had a chance. Hell the only reason I have a pre-nerf guise is because I was "kinda" in the loop but not completely. It was a different time. Wiping the server and starting it from pure classic now would just be a mess.

Love the server for what it is. If you weren't part of it back in 2009, I'm sorry. But a wipe would be a even bigger headache than what this server is today.
I love the server and don't want wipes.

That said, if a wipe happened I'd love it if the new server timeline started post legacy items (so no mana stones for anyone, mwahaha), just to save on all the disruption nonsense these items are bound to create.

On the subject of Red the playerbase is stretched pretty thin. Many people romanticize about pvp in crushbone or unrest without some silly fungi twinks ruining everything. If a wipe had to be done, my suggestion would be wipe/rollback to prekunark, or even make the server lvl 1-39 Faydwer only (not classic!).
Old 09-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

It's gonna happen, but not in the way you guys think. You hear anything about these negative interest rates going on around the world? Well, basically Nilbog is gonna start implementing the patches negatively, or backwards. We'll be back in classic in about 6 years by my estimation.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the server and don't want wipes.

That said, if a wipe happened I'd love it if the new server timeline started post legacy items (so no mana stones for anyone, mwahaha), just to save on all the disruption nonsense these items are bound to create.
This is a great idea.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog is gonna start implementing the patches negatively, or backwards. We'll be back in classic in about 6 years by my estimation.
I love this idea

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-06-2016, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can devs make a sticky so people would stop making these stupid threads every couple of days?

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 09-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can devs make a sticky so people would stop making these stupid threads every couple of days?
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Banned

"You mean like with a cloth?" I laughed.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a server wipe and reset happened everyone would just be rushing to camp a manastone. Then once kunark came out it would be a rush for lockets of escaping and binding in firepots.
Probably true. The real irony with this that the same neckbeards who would permacamp for a locket and/or bind at fire pots are more than likely the same people who scream the loudest about how PoK books ruined EQ.
Closed Thread