Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Climate change is a joke. Let me break it down for you:
  • Everyone agrees that CO2 absorbs more infrared light (reflected back from the earth) than visible light (from the sun), i.e. the greenhouse effect
  • The temperature change directly from CO2 is quite low and declines logarithmically. Note that we are already at 400ppm, which means that going from here to an atmosphere of 100% CO2 would only result in another 2 degrees C in warming.
  • The dramatic claims of climate change come from computer models that predict a massive increase in water vapor, which is a much more effective greenhouse gas. Trying to model a complex chaotic system on a computer is somewhere between difficult and impossible.
  • Even if you believe the computer models, it's not clear that a warmer earth is bad. Plants love hot and wet, and historically humans have done the best during warm periods. NYC may be under water, but Canada will be great!
  • Even if you are convinced that global warming is categorically bad, there is no real way to do anything about it, since China is the big driver of global warming and they don't give a fuck.

This is my primary environmental concern. But isn't the best thing to do to stop accepting immigrants? More people = more pollution.
Great post, really appreciate the link you provided and the logical and quite pragmatic approach you bring to this discussion. I'll try to come back to links like the one you sent me if I become more technically educated on all the jargon in the future. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2018, 01:08 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start taking E if you're gonna cheerlead so hard. I wanna see em bounce.
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2018, 01:19 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. More than that, Trump has shifted US culture massively to the right and it isn't shifting back for another generation at least. We're remembering that WINNING IS GOOD again. It was amazing to watch the GOP senators find their balls during the Kavanaugh hearings: Graham is taunting Pocahantas, Hatch poo pooing Soros' paid protestors, and so on. This terrifies leftists, who are fundamentally anticompetitive (aka losers).
Sorry you live in such a bubble. Most of the country (normies) are neither uber "leftists" or delusional right-wingers. The Right wing got lucky in 2016 because the DNC and Hilary Clinton screwed up terribly and were way too smug about Clinton being an easy win.

BTW many people who tend to vote for Democratic candidates and liberal or progressive policies are not terrified in the least of the theatrics in DC, streets of Portland or New York, a few college campuses etc. Many like me are laughing, grinning, shaking our heads etc almost every day how foolish Mr. Trump and/or his hardcore cultists look and behave. These people understand these brawls are so small compared to things like race riots in cities of the 60s and anti-Vietnam marches. Not to mention how small this stuff is compared to the enmity between abolitionists and pro-slavery southerners in the 19th century. The "riots" of the past decade pale in comparison to real riots in the USA.

Sorry if you believe 80% of more your right-wing "news" you like to follow. But if you do, thanks for the entertainment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Asteria; 10-19-2018 at 01:23 AM..
Old 10-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you live in such a bubble. Most of the country (normies) are neither uber "leftists" or delusional right-wingers. The Right wing got lucky in 2016 because the DNC and Hilary Clinton screwed up terribly and were way too smug about Clinton being an easy win.

BTW many people who tend to vote for Democratic candidates and liberal or progressive policies are not terrified in the least of the theatrics in DC, streets of Portland or New York, a few college campuses etc. Many like me are laughing almost every day how foolish Mr. Trump and/or his hardcore cultists look and behave. These people understand these brawls are so small compared to things like race riots in cities of the 60s and anti-Vietnam marches. Not to mention how small this stuff is compared to the enmity between abolitionists and pro-slavery southerners in the 19th century. The "riots" of the past decade pale in comparison to real riots in the USA.

Sorry if you believe 80% of more your right-wing "news" you like to follow. But if you do, thanks for the entertainment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he wasn't arguing "in good faith"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he wasn't arguing "in good faith"
If so, he'd be better at acting than lots of actors on streaming shows these days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2018, 06:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW many people who tend to vote for Democratic candidates and liberal or progressive policies are not terrified in the least of the theatrics in DC, streets of Portland or New York, a few college campuses etc. Many like me are laughing, grinning, shaking our heads etc almost every day how foolish Mr. Trump and/or his hardcore cultists look and behave. These people understand these brawls are so small compared to things like race riots in cities of the 60s and anti-Vietnam marches. Not to mention how small this stuff is compared to the enmity between abolitionists and pro-slavery southerners in the 19th century. The "riots" of the past decade pale in comparison to real riots in the USA.

So how do you deal with this little fact? Uh oh...
Old 10-19-2018, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

My measure of political success is how well I'm doing fighting other people within my own nation.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My measure of political success is how well I'm doing fighting other people within my own nation.
It's easy for you to criticize, your country only has one political ideology.

That's called an indoctrinated cult.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

It's easy for me to criticize for lots of reasons, really. America and Americans are pretty low hanging fruit viz. critique.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's easy for me to criticize for lots of reasons, really. America and Americans are pretty low hanging fruit viz. critique.
you saying it's easy to see up there from the pile of rotting fruits your sitting on? ^o^