Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Default Golem Metal Wand: Vendor price is too high

On P99 you can buy back a Golem Metal Wand for 294pp or so. I've come across a bunch of posts suggesting this was much cheaper in classic era.

Evidence:
https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...em-Metal-Wands
Quote:
October 25th, 2001 12:49 AM

kinda random - I Camped and got like 3 wands in an hour (all 3 spawns were golems and all 3 drops were wands). Other times I went like 3 hours with no wand.

Buy back is like 126pp if I remember right - havent done in a while. (need to tho lol)
Granted he wasn't 'exactly sure', but some other posts corroborate an amount around this rate.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3644
Quote:
Mar 13 2002 at 8:32 AM
Oh yes I was HOPING they hadn't removed this from the game. Thank you for moving it into the Feerott with all the Ravenscale, my roag on Vallon Zek LOVES these, tho they cost about 150pp to recharge each...
Note that it still shows lower cost even out of era, as there was a patch that adjusted the cast time later, unsure if price was affected at that point:
6/5/02:
Quote:
- Added a 4 second casting time to Golem Metal Wand
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...em-metal-wands
Quote:
03-24-02
how much does this cost ? buying fully charged wands i mean ....
Quote:
03-25-02
iirc its around 120pp per.
So we have an in era mention of 126pp, and 2 slight out of era mentions of 120pp and 150pp. Even if they didn't exactly remember the number, they are all very close together so I can't believe they would each mis-remember 300pp as the true price.
Also note many mentions of people carrying around 6 or so of these for use / recharging. That would be about 1800pp to recharge on P99 which would be pretty steep imo for frequent use in PvP environment. Above prices would have been around 750pp to recharge 6 wands, seems more likely it would have been charged in bulk at that price.

I'm not sure where the 294pp figure comes from on P99? Possible you may have found a post of someone listing this as the 'true cost' of recharging (294pp / 2 = 147pp per wand.. in line with above quotes). Unsure which price you will settle on because of faction / charisma variables, maybe 126pp best possible price?

For the record I'm against recharging, ruins immersion and we all do it cause of convenience. But price should reflect classic I suppose.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Mac server is where buyback prices came from and there were significant changes between then and end of velious.

bump