Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your Druid can cast 4 POTGs in a row, you wasted a lot of DKP gearing them extremely wrong. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol if your druid has more mana than HP, just lol
That's me!!! I'm that guy haha!
Old 10-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Banned

Its more about having clickies vs. not having clickies where you start to see insane powerspikes.

Its probably warrior for raids then shaman / monk / enc for solo content capabilities (see Kelz soloing spore king, etc).

Still, I stress, you could be in crap gear with every clicky in the world and be far more effective than an equipped-only full BiS with empty bags.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Banned

rogue needs epic and primal then its just pointless hpquest
Old 10-18-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

If mob hp > 0 continue to backstab. The primal and Vyemm’s Fang are really just so everyone else can get on with their day 2-3 seconds sooner. You owe it to yourself and the rest of your guild to put in years of raiding to make that happen.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:15 PM
Skeleton

I mean in terms of an item's stat budget, Necro and Shaman are the main two that can get genuine demonstrable use of a +100hp/+100mana Vulak item or whatever in practically every situation, especially on non-aoe bosses where other classes can get zero value from HP.

That said you could argue that both those classes have limits in terms of usefulness, i.e. shamans can dump extra mana into nukes but on velious content the only nuke that lands well on bosses only does like 2 DPM max so yeah.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Warrior gets the most benefit.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Its far less benefit than say just 1 extra friend. Thats how little it matters. (Sorry you all care and fight over it so much)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its far less benefit than say just 1 extra friend. Thats how little it matters. (Sorry you all care and fight over it so much)
How about if your friend is rocking dem BiS slots? That's like BFFBiS!
Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

I want to say that shaman and enchanter are probably the top contenders for best BIS mileage. An enchanter can solo alot of content without a surplus of gear but getting bis makes it less about luck. With an Aego and my 10th ring, my enchanter is pretty tanky and survived just fine getting ran over by a train in HS and my largish mana pool allows me to man handle adds and makes me much more capable of using mana hog spells like rapture and boltrans in groups. Being closer to bis on my enchanter also allows me to maintain max charisma while still having good stats which lower tier enchanters will struggle with.

Part of me wants to say necro because logically they benefit alot from extra gear like a shaman would except when I think about what content you will unlock as a necro having BIS I cant think of much (I'm still trying to collect a solid strat to solo emp chottal on my necro with strings and clickies)

I say shamans are a contender because while I have not played one, I think a shaman benefits in roughly the same way but are not limited like a necro.

In essence, I think content unlocking is where the answer lies because a top tier rogue probably cant solo anything worth while, same with a warrior, same with a cleric and so forth.

*deposits 2 pennies into opinion-machine*
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Banned

With every piece of gear I loot, it's one more "SEE! I DID DO SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE, DAD!!"
Closed Thread