Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Brad originally was a Paladin in EQ, no? I know he was repping Ranger in Pantheon though.
Aradune was a ranger on Vanguard as well. I thought he was a ranger in EQ, but according to his own character lore he was a champion of Tunare and first wielder of the Fiery Avenger, so one would assume he started as a paladin. You'd probably have to ask Smed or Bill Trost or someone like that to get confirmation at this point.

How about meeting up at the "Aradune is stinky" graffiti in the Qeynos sewers :P

A permanent memorial of some sort, like an Aradune Mithara NPC in green full plate and a Fiery Avenger, someplace would definitely be fitting. Does anyone know if he felt a particular fondness or attachment for a specific area in the world?
Last edited by lordpazuzu; 11-20-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpazuzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about meeting up at the "Aradune is stinky" graffiti in the Qeynos sewers :P
I like this!
Old 11-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Brad originally was a Paladin in EQ, no? I know he was repping Ranger in Pantheon though.
Found a post from the man himself:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/.../post_id/17981

From the post:

Quote:
Why did Aradune the Ranger in EQ wield a two-handed flaming sword called the Fiery Avenger. Well, the first weapon we successfully attached particle effects to was that two-handed sword. And I of course wanted to show it off in screenshots. I had to make it Rangerable.
The post explains how he started off as a paladin named Aramith in various MUDs. His character's father was Aradune the ranger. Over time Brad discovered that he enjoyed playing the latter class more. So he became Aradune the ranger.
Last edited by getlostgreg; 11-20-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic_walrus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you're here on the forums then surely you know about the passing of Aradune.. I'm not particularly active socially on p99, but when I heard the news it hit me kind of hard, given the role that Everquest played in helping me through depression in my early teens around the year 2000.

I logged on tonight and shouted to the zone to get a small gathering of about 4 or 5 of us at McQuaid's in Halas to have some mead and ale and reminisce. It would be pretty cool to have a big ol' wake there and really celebrate the community that has been able to exist for so many years thanks to Brad's vision and hard work.

If anyone is more connected socially and wants to do some of the legwork, that would be awesome. I'm not sure where to start on organizing, so I'm just going to leave this here for now.
I wish I saw this earlier. So sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As EQ and VG have gone down as my all time favourite games
And I have been following Pantheon forever.
Sorry for his family, so terrible to lose loved ones. And what a loss to the gaming industry, someone to trailblazer and not follow in the footsteps of everyone else. A truly great gamer, he will be missed greatly
Old 11-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Large Bat

Okay. Not sure how to edit the original post, but we've decided to have 3 gatherings:

9PM EST Friday 11/22 - Halas - McQuaid's Bar and Stout
9PM EST Saturday 11/22 - Freeport - around The Hall of Truth
9PM EST Sunday 11/22 - GFay - PoD Lift

It would be nice to just get together, reminisce and nostalgize, talk about Pantheon, and whatever else to pay respect to Aradune. Please spread the word and pass this on!
Old 11-20-2019, 04:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpazuzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just saw this. Should we make one gathering somewhere more Evil friendly? I'd like to have everything set in stone by tonight so people know where to go.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Maybe move the Freeport one to the CL tunnel? Safer and totally neutral generally speaking. I'd love to attend this on Teal.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazmuk Stompur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe move the Freeport one to the CL tunnel? Safer and totally neutral generally speaking. I'd love to attend this on Teal.
I was thinking definitely move the GFay one to the spires so it's more neutral but I know that won't be makeable by everyone. The tunnel is already kind of so packed that I think it's not quite the same to gather there.. If we want to make that one neutral as well then maybe the platform in North Ro?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Yeah! As both my Chars are Dark Elves I don’t think I can attend those locations. Definitely want to pour one out for the OG homie.
Wherever it is, I’ll be there Friday night, on Green, as I don’t work!
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'll attend where it might be, even if it means making level 1 to get there.
Closed Thread