Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything very short term they have said they won't be messing with.
That's a heck of a stretch to attach firepot room to that statement. But yah never know, I guess. It's a good rumor to start though.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-16-2020, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

The ring was nerfed and now is only a quality of life item for Dark Elf SK’s (arguably the weakest SK race). IF you can bind at firepots in early Kunark it will add one argument for Dark Elf SK’s.

Curently Ogre or Ogre is king and if you missed the Guise drop then have fun getting stuck in dungeons or put out hundreds of thousands of PP getting another illusion item. Now I guess Iksar SK will be an option and comparable to troll although you do lose Slam and your faction sucks even more.

TLDR: Leave Dark Elf SK’s alone.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

On a marginally related note, anyone know if Circlet of Shadow will be dropping for the entirety of Kunark?
Old 10-16-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a marginally related note, anyone know if Circlet of Shadow will be dropping for the entirety of Kunark?
Hopefully not.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually not true. Verant actually let everyone know Rubicite armor will stop dropping in a login message (the notes section thingy) 2-3 weeks prior to that patch.
I dont' recall that, but we definitely knew jboots were going away soon on live because they did it a couple weeks early on the test server. Once news got out that Drelzna was only dropping a note on test it was a madhouse to get your toon to Najena. I got mine the week before they were removed after about 13 hours (I think I was 5th in line when I started).

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 10-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who can say? All we know is in the original game the original instant-click Circlet not only dropped all throughout Kunark, but well into Velious before the item was removed. It existed as an active drop for over a year.

Danth
Old 10-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

I just finished my grind to warmly the other day and can confirm that it only costs 10gp to recharge the ring, and at present the recharge returns a non-no drop ring (which I wasn't expecting). Not sure when this is retroactively made no drop but I was pretty sure it was suppose to happen already, so rock on fellow dark elf SKs that get this and raise their rep.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:59 PM
Banned

For any wondering about this item, Ring of the Dead works at level 1. If you like the concept of being a self binding melee character there is a way. The only other alternative will be an extremely expensive Locket charge purchase. Here’s how to not need the Locket of Escape.

Create a DE SK alt soon to give ring to before ring goes no drop at Kunark release.

That way you can run DE character to Timorous Deep and self bind your DE SK at Firepots during first few days of Kunark release.

Then a year out or so during Velious hybrid penalty goes away and you will be ready.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theyre already nerfed and only work for Dark Elfs. They usually sell for 300pp or so.
People trying to sell them for 5 - 10k now. Which is hilarious, because you can buy the Thex Mallet for 400 - 500p and have a 20% chance of getting a ring on quest turn-in.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot it stopped dropping as a quest reward. Disregard.
Last edited by Indecisive; 10-17-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Old 10-17-2020, 06:03 AM
Orc

Hate to tell you but the ring stopped as a quest reward when hate and temple of sol to launched on green.
Closed Thread