Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Well he f’ing got me if he is. I’m really curious, I knew the lvl 4 mez had a chance of mem blurr but what if it always blurs line of site. Will test and report
Old 11-17-2020, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

All mezzes have a chance to blur
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-18-2020, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

not trolling, speaking from experience. you have a ENC, go try it
Old 11-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well he f’ing got me if he is. I’m really curious, I knew the lvl 4 mez had a chance of mem blurr but what if it always blurs line of site. Will test and report
Same. Anecdotally the level 4 mezz feels like it has a higher chance to blur. I never heard of the cast-from-behind thing, sounds too good to be true.

In situations like Iceclad or Firiona where it is feasible to fear kite with a rogue pet, I've just accepted the 50% penalty. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it felt like a lot of extra steps and slowdown to get earn the other 50%. If it's as simple as casting from behind that changes a lot.

Is there a reliable way to measure the experience earned from a mob? I mean a better way than just eyeballing it on the experience bar?
Old 11-18-2020, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

most mobs have an engage emote - mez and watch for the emote; or con for a faction check
Old 11-18-2020, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. Anecdotally the level 4 mezz feels like it has a higher chance to blur. I never heard of the cast-from-behind thing, sounds too good to be true.

In situations like Iceclad or Firiona where it is feasible to fear kite with a rogue pet, I've just accepted the 50% penalty. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it felt like a lot of extra steps and slowdown to get earn the other 50%. If it's as simple as casting from behind that changes a lot.

Is there a reliable way to measure the experience earned from a mob? I mean a better way than just eyeballing it on the experience bar?
It's definitely a trade-off. The question is whether it's worth it. Do you spend less than double the amount of time and energy juggling conditions to get the 100% XP? If so, then it's worth it. If not, you are better off just sticking with the 50%, as you can kill more than twice as fast.

Personally, I don't think it's THAT much overhead, but I also haven't played an enchanter to high levels, so...
Old 11-19-2020, 08:04 AM
Banned

Charming becomes easier with each and every ding. The level gap between you and blue cons will continue to increase, which is the biggest factor in determining charm durations. Don't get discouraged if you're trying in your 20s and it seems really hard.

Try to always keep in mind what the worst case scenario bad RNG could yield and have a plan for it.

When in doubt, gate out. Its far easier to reset and go again than CR / rez.

If the solo charm experience just isn't working for you, practice the mechanics in a group first. You can duo with a ton of different classes to make the learning curve much smoother.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive said this many times - when you mez something from behind, its 100% memblur. so once your target is near death, position yourself behind it, mez it and immediately call off your pet.

Tested, that don't work.

Process :
- Mez(lvl4) a KoS blue mob from behind.
- Invis myself.
- Consider.
- If i'm indif, mob is blurred. Threatening means he is mezzed and still KoS.

On 10 attempts I got :
- 4 indiff.
- 6 threatening.

I would not use this strat to get 100% exp.

Note : I have 255 cha and it's on green
Last edited by Noren; 12-02-2020 at 07:07 AM..
Old 12-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep the stun on spellbar slot #1, it refreshes faster than the rest of the spell slots.
Tested, it doesn't work.

Process :
1) Mez in slot 1
2) Gina detect when mez land
3) Chain cast.
4) Get time between mez land
5) Repeat with slot 4

Refresh + recast time is the same in slot 1 or 4 : about 5s, so around 2,5s to refresh.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tested, it doesn't work.

Process :
1) Mez in slot 1
2) Gina detect when mez land
3) Chain cast.
4) Get time between mez land
5) Repeat with slot 4

Refresh + recast time is the same in slot 1 or 4 : about 5s, so around 2,5s to refresh.
You misunderstood what I was referring to.
The UI spell bar when it goes from grayscale to color / dimmed to full bright. Spell slot 1 refreshes milliseconds faster than 2-8. It's a known titanium 'bug'.

It doesn't let you cast spells faster*. What it does is give a quicker response to input.
This is why shm have cani on slot 1.

And again we're talking milliseconds. Spell slot 1 is the first in the chain of commands to refresh, internally in the titanium client.

It's also Not Classic, lol.

Edit: Also only benefits spells that have a short recast time if you intent to spam that spell.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-02-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Closed Thread