Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Catch-22 friend.

If we had a high barrier of entry during the zone pull era, we would have been elitist dick heads who want to hoard all the loot to our core. But we had a pretty relaxed recruitment method. In the past, we had a mage who had started playing EverQuest a month prior doing Vulak coth. We could have closed recruitment for a year, and just fed our alts forever. Aftermath became a zerg because people wanted to join our guild, and we let them. Even though we didn't need a zerg. Just like on the other side, 20-25 people did all the heavy lifting. I mean, I guess it was nice to have a shit load of people incase you needed to kill an AoW at 4am. We weren't really actively recruiting though. It's not like Cheanna was out there sending tells to random players trying to get them to join so that we could have all the raiders on the server.

If Aftermath was such a big and bad evil zerg, why didn't tempest/awakened merge with AG/Paradigm Shift/Every single person who wants to raid on the server before the dragons were rooted? It's because those other guilds would have never joined up with tempest/awakened. They wanted to try and do it themselves. And then they rooted the dragons, which made it literally impossible to do so.

The most bored I've ever been raiding on this server was when Awakened was suspended for like 2 months. I've always wanted a competitive raid scene.

My point is, trying to zerg shame a guild that didn't need to be a zerg is kind of pointless. It wasn't the 110 people that showed up on the kill log that won us mobs, it was the 20 people that were online before that. The fact that you have to bring 110 just to be dealt a hand is, in my opinion, bad.
I don't really disagree with you, there is always a need to recruit on P99 because players come and go so fast, and I'm not trying to shame AM for being a zerg it's really just part of the game, I'm just pointing out that AM members including yourself coming in here to complain about a "zerg" meta or the fact that another guild now has more members than them is incredibly hypocritical. You dislike zergs now simply because you aren't the biggest one anymore.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Projecting a little bit aren't we.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More mobs rotated with the casuals in the 3 months of Riot than the 3 previous years of Aftermath.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More mobs rotated with the casuals in the 3 months of Riot than the 3 previous years of Aftermath.
thats probably true, being old PS you are the casuals. Your welcome for rotating it with you.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Orc

Old 08-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

i just dont see what Riot is doing for the casuals that is soooo much better than AM was.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

same shit, different abusive boss.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Kobold

In AM defence, i have been trying to get them to go after vox by me FTE'ing vox on a earthquake but they always say no.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

Some salty bitches up in this thread.