Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

"I love democracy, I love parliamentary sovereignty, which is why I must suspend it"

Straight from the Palpatine playbook, Mr. Johnson!
Old 08-29-2019, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I love democracy, I love parliamentary sovereignty, which is why I must suspend it"

Straight from the Palpatine playbook, Mr. Johnson!
He's siding with the 17.4 million Brexit voters, not the MPs trying to overturn the result of a democratic referendum. If it wasn't for those MPs, it'd be business as usual.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

It's true, Brexit was voted for. I remember being promised 'Norway plus', 'Swizterland plus' or 'Canada plus'. A no deal Brexit was assuredly not on the cards.

Unfortunately, as you say, a complete lack of cooperation at every step of the way is painting Britain into the No Deal corner if Britain is to ever achieve Brexit. There is no chance for 'some thing plus' deals, nor even 'something minus'. Just cut and run.

I truely hope there have been backroom negotiations happening with non EU countries (even though the EU 'forbids' it).
Old 08-29-2019, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Oh another text based prequel meme:

Obi Wan (Leader of the opposition Jeremy Corbin to Anakin (PM Boris Johnson):
You were meant to restore sovereignty to parliament, not destroy it!
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Queen has given the nod, so that's that.
Can she say no?
Old 08-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Brexit and TRUMP were bad ideas. This Bolsonaro gentleman is quite the ass hole as well

We must turn to Christ. Our politicians have failed us on both sides, and only by opening the Seventh Seal can we make Rome Great Again!
Old 08-29-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can she say no?
She is to follow the advice of her ministers. However parliament are permitted to write her a 'humble appeal', but as she already said yes to prorogue I don't suspect she'd renege on her word.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She is to follow the advice of her ministers. However parliament are permitted to write her a 'humble appeal', but as she already said yes to prorogue I don't suspect she'd renege on her word.
You're cute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're cute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there even such a thing as a rhetorical question?
Old 09-03-2019, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brexit and TRUMP were bad ideas.
Both were voted on, they weren't "ideas".

If you look at the makeup of the European Union these days, its about as undemocratic as it can be. It's leaders aren't elected by the people of Europe, they want an EU military, they have an EU "anthem"... and if you take a look at some of their failed policies/outlooks, particularly at what has happened economically to Greece, no shits were given that they effectively bankrupted the country.

Add in the failed "freedom of movement" laws, which are good in theory but has unofficially ended up with "if you get into Europe illegally, you're free to move where you like"... its not been good economically, socially or culturally.

The latest in the news has been that the French President has threatened to stop the use of the channel tunnel if Boris Johnson shuts down Parliament to force Brexit (the democratic vote of the people) through.

If only France was able to stop the Germans in WW2... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]