Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

There is a carnal difference between dial-up speed and disconnections, and mediation requiring your full attention 1-35.

One is an actual mechanic designed into the game on purpose the other is a byproduct of the environment and has nothing to do with the game itself.

Meditation adds serious gameplay implications that affect class balancing, it gives melee classes in classic a huge advantage for leveling early game, and gives low teir players something very rewarding to look foward to. 35 is like end game for most mid range and casual players that dont stay till the final expansion. On blue level 35 is just hurray, welcome to hell levels! On green (and in classic everquest) it was a milestone achievement. A huge victory. There are all kinds of spells in this game designed around it, sentinel, uh.. theres more but thats the only one I remember lol

Nary the two are relatable. It'd be like saying what makes classic classic is hearing your sister playing Britney Spears while you game.

"Boy I love that game Everquest, I cant stop thinking about how that earthquake in Turkey killed 13,000 people around the same time it came out"

What you need 13,000 people to die prior to green's launch for it to be "accurately classic" *gamer voice* ?

lol

Look you can not like meditation up to level 35, but it aint anything like slow dialup speeds.

That said, and Ill never stop sounding like Daldean over it: Druids cant track and med at the same time until someone proves it.

Last edited by Jibartik; 09-22-2019 at 07:30 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Werid way to whine about spellbook meditating but oh well
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

lol let this be the decider:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Banned

Blue: Book not up

Green: Book is MANDATORY
Old 09-22-2019, 07:54 PM
Banned

hahahaha !!! LIKE WHEN ROUGE STOLE BOOK

JOKE I GET HAHA!!!! SO FUNNY!!! HAHAHAH

tell joKe agaIN! mE neVeAR heARd it b4!!!
Old 09-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green: Book is MANDATORY
lol! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahahaha !!! LIKE WHEN ROUGE STOLE BOOK

JOKE I GET HAHA!!!! SO FUNNY!!! HAHAHAH

tell joKe agaIN! mE neVeAR heARd it b4!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLisEEwYZvw
Old 09-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one told us PoHate would be this way. I'm glad you're there for us, Wonkie.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one am 100% on board and want total book blindness, and am glad about the pet changes. I just hope we get a classic UI now too.
Agreed. No one is forced to play green like it was back then. I remember always being worried about what might be respawning or pathing near me as I sat looking longingly at only my spellbook.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would argue that trying to please people is what made EverQuest and MMORPGs begin their decline in the first place.
Yes, catering to that ezmode environment somehow makes games less interesting. I don't know why for sure but it does make the games less interesting.
Closed Thread