Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 08:44 AM
Skeleton

Default Enchanter race/DE racial hide

Sorry if this is a question that gets asked a lot, forum search pulled up a crap load of results.

I am looking for some race advice on enchanter (for Green). I've read the wiki and was just curious about dark elf's racial hide as it isn't mentioned as significant. Does it only break charm sometimes? Can someone with experience help me decide if it's worth rolling DE for it or not? I currently have a 28 HIE and invising to get full xp on mobs when soloing is very annoying. I'm aware of the Goblin Gazughi Ring and intend on getting one but that is more of a long term goal and even then only provides invis vs animals.

Thanks for you advise!
Old 07-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if this is a question that gets asked a lot, forum search pulled up a crap load of results.

I am looking for some race advice on enchanter (for Green). I've read the wiki and was just curious about dark elf's racial hide as it isn't mentioned as significant. Does it only break charm sometimes? Can someone with experience help me decide if it's worth rolling DE for it or not? I currently have a 28 HIE and invising to get full xp on mobs when soloing is very annoying. I'm aware of the Goblin Gazughi Ring and intend on getting one but that is more of a long term goal and even then only provides invis vs animals.

Thanks for you advise!
Hide is nice, but inconsistent. There will be no guarantees you break charm with it and save yourself a spell gem (or mana). I recommend planning on using invis, and going high elf
Old 07-31-2019, 09:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide is nice, but inconsistent. There will be no guarantees you break charm with it and save yourself a spell gem (or mana). I recommend planning on using invis, and going high elf
That's all I needed. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Invis vs animals with Ghazugi ring will instantly break any charm though.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

IIRC - if you are not a rogue, you cannot actually tell when Hide works, even with See Invis. You have to ask a friend.

Shadowknights get hide at 35 and on Live, I barely used it (Gather Shadows was better unless I was completely OOM).
Old 07-31-2019, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC - if you are not a rogue, you cannot actually tell when Hide works, even with See Invis. You have to ask a friend.
You can target a non-indifferent (and non-undead, I think) mob before you hide. When hide works, the mob will con indifferent. There are some mobs that see through hide but they are fairly rare, I think.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:09 PM
Skeleton

Well I'm more concerned with hiding breaking the charm, which would be easy to notice. I didn't realize the Ghazugi ring broke all charms though. I imagine that mob is pretty constantly camped, especially once Green rolls around.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

gazughi has several spawn spots. It wont be severely camped cause its stupid rare
Old 07-31-2019, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

It won't be an in-game item until Kunark drops, just to note (drops off sarnaks in LOIO). It's a pain in the ass compared to many "camp items"
Old 07-31-2019, 05:21 PM
Aviak

I started with a enchanter on Blue, and rolled DE for the hide. As I had neither the money or high level character to farm for the ring. I found hide to work just fine, it's not 100% no but the recast time is small.
Closed Thread