Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Large Rat

Default Leveling while making money in Kunark

I've seen Iksar leveling guides and money-making guides, but what I haven't seen is an Iksar leveling while making money guide. Being a Necro, I need money for spells, so what are some places to make some plat and still get decent experience? They don't necessarily have to be in Kunark, but I'd prefer places where I can still sell and purchase my spells without having to run across three or four zones.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

What level are you currently ? You can get decent cash drops from WW/FM giant forts
Old 11-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you currently ? You can get decent cash drops from WW/FM giant forts
This. You can start easily soloing the WW giants around 24 IIRC.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 11-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Large Rat

I'm currently level 12. Giant fort seems like a good idea, but I'm playing on red. I feel like players would be hanging around waiting to PK people for easy plat. Can tradeskills be a good source of income early on? I was thinking of trying to level up my tailoring to sell some hand-made backpacks.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Lol you basically want the most specific guide ever made.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you basically want the most specific guide ever made.
I'd be surprised if "How to make plat as an Iksar" was the most specific guide ever made.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Any Place you can make money on Red you are going to be Ganked. Good luck with that idea making plat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viszix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm currently level 12. Giant fort seems like a good idea, but I'm playing on red. I feel like players would be hanging around waiting to PK people for easy plat. Can tradeskills be a good source of income early on? I was thinking of trying to level up my tailoring to sell some hand-made backpacks.
No one going to PK you at giant fort on red. Twinks really only hang out at like Unrest and MM and anyone in that area around your level is just going to want to group up to xp anyway.
Last edited by Niedar; 11-07-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viszix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 12, I think bone chips and burynai armor in Kurns is still your best bet.

Tradeskills take too much money to get started, except maybe tailoring. Farm up silk in the spiderling cave and the pit, and you might be able to sell some raw and cured silk armour. For handmade backpacks, you'll need HQ bear skins, which I don't think you can get in Kunark.

PKing for plat in the WW giant fort wouldn't actually work very well. The high-plat drops there are mostly vendor trash... the giant tunics (60p+), weapons (15p+), and various gems. If you get lucky and snag a forest loop, that can be sold to players.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Well, can't help you directly in game since you're on red, but I imagine it holds true there that one of the best ways to make plat as a new player is to get levels. You start getting plat trash drops in 20s, 30s etc. - I'd also recommend WW for this.

Just play triage with the spells you buy and don't buy.