Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Druid - "Eco-Zealot" Playthrough

I'm starting up again with an evil-Druid play-through, sort of like out to do some sort of dastardly Captain Planet nonsense, and I wanted to see if anyone knows of any possible NPCs that I can fight along the way, preferably in the level 10-40 range, which would thematically fit with that vibe. I love this game, but my knowledge of the lore is basically zilch. Can anyone point me in the direction of some readily accessible NPCs that are perceived to be hurting the environment in Norrath?
Old 12-23-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

There aren't a lot of groups that aren't basic EQ evil that are also against druids.

For example you can't go kill Paladins because they don't care enough about trees, because there is either no lore about it, or there is lore and they love nature.

That leaves you with killing ORCS and maybe dark elfs and probably trolls and stuff who are disgusting.

"You've ruined your own homeland, I won't let you ruin mine" as they say

There just isn't any "tear them all down" goodies like maybe if there was a construction project the dwarfs would be chopping trees or something.

You could just go around killing everyone who isn't tunare or karana worshipper which means everyone who isn't an elf or a druid is pretty much on the table for your slaughtering ways. Thats a pretty in-character eco zealot thing to do. "You brell worshippers never emphasize the glory of Antonica in its natural state enough, you are a pestillence!"

thats what you say when you kill the poor dwarfs near the waterfront, fishing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:27 PM
Kobold

I think forwarding the cause of Bertoxxulous might be considered extreme climate change denial of sorts. For example, there is a quest or two where the Bloodsabers are in direct opposition to the folks in Surefall Glade who are tree huggers extraordinaire.
Of course, the Bloodsabers are like all men who above all else desire power but their means of acquiring it is highly damaging to the environment.

I don't think I've ever met a druid in the banking area of the Qeynos Catacombs so it would definitely take some faction work.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I mean look at the various races' home cities. Most seem relatively in-tune with nature, but then there's the Humans with their Freeport and Qeynos monstrosities. You see any large trees around their home ports? Nope! They used them all to build ships and spread their plague across Norrath! Even the EQ intro video shows a fleet of human ships invading Faydwer...

Your target(s) seem obvious.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Arakash is 100% right my response was stupid. Kill any bertox alligned creatueres including and especially the humans you find in the sewer.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Why don't you see if you can raise this faction? https://wiki.project1999.com/Unkempt_Druids
Maybe you can roleplay that these are your gurus, your comrades. Rumor has it they have an enclave in the mountains of southern Antonica.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Back in 1999-2000 I always thought it would be cool if you could play an unkempt druid.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think the gnolls are more ecofriendly than the humans, just kill every PC race and side with the mobs!

Guk frogs are a story of delving to far with undead magics and creating an ecological undead disaster, but they are Tunare worshippers @ heart and ashamed of the Ghoul Lord.

Gfay Orcs and Pixies are evil trying to chop and burn the forest, the Faeries aren't though.

Gnomes should be a #1 enemy because of Klickanon and Akanon. King Akanon is probably solo-able as well. I know his palace guards aren't very elite either from personal experience.

Dwarves almost respect the glorious natural wonder of the underfoot and generally leave the topside alone, so maybe make an exception for them.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-24-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 12-25-2020, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the gnolls are more ecofriendly than the humans, just kill every PC race and side with the mobs!

Guk frogs are a story of delving to far with undead magics and creating an ecological undead disaster, but they are Tunare worshippers @ heart and ashamed of the Ghoul Lord.

Gfay Orcs and Pixies are evil trying to chop and burn the forest, the Faeries aren't though.

Gnomes should be a #1 enemy because of Klickanon and Akanon. King Akanon is probably solo-able as well. I know his palace guards aren't very elite either from personal experience.

Dwarves almost respect the glorious natural wonder of the underfoot and generally leave the topside alone, so maybe make an exception for them.
I think the live guk frogs are mithaniel marr worshipers
Old 12-25-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the live guk frogs are mithaniel marr worshipers
You may be right. I was going from memory and /consider on my tunare cleric.
Closed Thread